Author Topic: Saturday's Crowd....  (Read 38953 times)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday's Crowd....
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
The good people of Northern Iowa would be very happy with a sellout November 9th considering that's where we play

Speaking of UNI - I hope to make the trip.  Does anyone know where the team/Penguin fans stay and road updates?
Will be there (YSU) tomorrow - rain or shine
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:37:33 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
YSU is giving away tickets for this game literally
saw the handles on mahoning ave in austintown, at least today, is giving away a free ticket for the game

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
YSU is giving away nothing.  Handel's bought the tickets and is distributing them to their customers.  So did the Vindicator.  The majority of professional sports season tickets are purchased by corporations and given to their clients or their employees.  Glad we are doing this.  Should try to do more of it.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »
YSU is giving away nothing.  Handel's bought the tickets and is distributing them to their customers.  So did the Vindicator.  The majority of professional sports season tickets are purchased by corporations and given to their clients or their employees.  Glad we are doing this.  Should try to do more of it.

you're lying, as usual.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
You know what, I'm jumping in the car and coming up to the game today.  Rain or not!  I don't get many Saturday nights off... I'm off today and just decided that I am going to watch the Penguins roll to 7-1.  Bring on the weather, I ain't scared!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »

you're lying, as usual.
They buy tickets, albeit at a discounted price.... But at the end of the day they do BUY the tickets. He is in no way lying.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »

you're lying, as usual.
They buy tickets, albeit at a discounted price.... But at the end of the day they do BUY the tickets. He is in no way lying.

wrong

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »

you're lying, as usual.

wrong

No, your wrong. They actually do buy the tickets. They aren't give away for free by YSU.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
it would be interesting to see what the actual price is. Too many years of 2 for 1 price tickets Schwebel bread tickets and other cut rate promos. Public is always looking for a cheapo deal. I look for a down day attendance wise. Tickets sold (?) probably higher.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
it would be interesting to see what the actual price is. Too many years of 2 for 1 price tickets Schwebel bread tickets and other cut rate promos. Public is always looking for a cheapo deal. I look for a down day attendance wise. Tickets sold (?) probably higher.
That I do not know. I do know all the corporate tailgates buy tix as part of their corporate tailgate day down at YSU. I'd imagine it is based on quantity, ie 50 @ $8, 100 @ $7???

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »
What a pathetic crowd!  Come on people this team is 7-1, 4-0 in the league. 

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Totally agree--but considering the weather there were more there than I expected.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »

Agreed, crowd was embarrassing, no excuse. Big deal it rained for a while, rain gear is cheap. Team deserves better, really ticks me off.

Also why in the world would Dave Sess get married the day of a game? Give me a break!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »

Agreed, crowd was embarrassing, no excuse. Big deal it rained for a while, rain gear is cheap. Team deserves better, really ticks me off.

Also why in the world would Dave Sess get married the day of a game? Give me a break!

Lol. Like he had a choice

ValleyTalk

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
Wasn't at all surprised. Naturally the rain had to start 45 minutes prior to kick.

At the end of the day we won. I think we all stress out a bit too much about the crowd... We got four weeks to pack 20,000 into Stambaugh for North Dakota State. Let's all do our part and fill this place up.