YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (9/15) > >>

ysuguins4:
The playoffs might present a chance for the Guins to play their first FCS non-MVFC full scholarship opponent since 2009.  Will be very interesting to see they compare.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on November 15, 2016, 12:17:00 PM ---The playoffs might present a chance for the Guins to play their first FCS non-MVFC full scholarship opponent since 2009.  Will be very interesting to see they compare.

--- End quote ---
I agree, and IMO that is exactly who the whole FCS and MVFC should be working to schedule. Playing the non or minimal scholarship programs is boring.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on November 15, 2016, 12:17:00 PM ---The playoffs might present a chance for the Guins to play their first FCS non-MVFC full scholarship opponent since 2009.  Will be very interesting to see they compare.

--- End quote ---

Interesting point.

Like many, I dismiss most of the non-MVFC FCS as rubes and slobs, and it's true that the MVFC is ranked even above some G5 conferences, and its not uncommon to get P5 wins and then lose in MVFC play.  But, NDSU, with its great D, was taken to OT twice in OOC FCS play. SDSU was beat by Cal Poly.  It seems like we will play JMU after STFU, and JMU's offense is legendary, and their home crowds I think are ~18K.  It'll be a must win game since my wife is a JMU alum and will mercilessly gloat.

go guins:

--- Quote ---
Interesting point.
  It'll be a must win game since my wife is a JMU alum and will mercilessly gloat.

--- End quote ---

That's a good enough reason for us to give YSU and extra push!! 
However, I should point out, 1. we do NOT yet have a playoff bid in hand.  2. I don't trust any committee to send us a bid with 4 losses. sooooo...  #3, IMO we need to stick to business and beat MSU Saturday afternoon and 4. THEN worry about beating our opponent in the opening round, before JMU is part of our thoughts!

penguinpower:
There is no point in arguing about which QB should be playing when none of them will improve past their sophomore year anyway.  That is how it has been for the last 7 years.  The QB's lose all of their instincts and previous coaching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version