YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (10/15) > >>

IAA Fan:
I am still hearing we are the TV game. There is no way we get St. Francis if we are the TV game. We were the round-1 TV game in our last appearance (2006) and what team did we draw? JMU. They sent the OVC winner to WIU who tied us for the MVFC crown. I can see St. Francis if we have no other MVFC teams (above us) in our half and it is not televised on ESPN2. In 2006 both YSU and JMU deserved home games for round-1.

ytownchief22:
I'm for one just happy to be in the playoffs.

penguinpower:
Are we in?  Is it official?

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 15, 2016, 01:39:45 PM ---There is no point in arguing about which QB should be playing when none of them will improve past their sophomore year anyway.  That is how it has been for the last 7 years.  The QB's lose all of their instincts and previous coaching.

--- End quote ---
Since the W.V. game I have noticed teams have played Davis, Hosick, and Mays the same. They load up the box and give you the option of throwing if you dare. That  bottled up Ruiz and Webb in space and cut down the receiver's ability to block downfield. With Hunter they drop back more players in coverage and this allows Ruiz and Webb to get into space and it makes the receiver's and lineman's job much easier. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is why we have had success on the ground the last couple of weeks. The good thing here is we are keeping our quarterback healthy and letting the running backs do what they were brought in to do

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 15, 2016, 04:58:24 PM ---I am still hearing we are the TV game. There is no way we get St. Francis if we are the TV game. We were the round-1 TV game in our last appearance (2006) and what team did we draw? JMU. They sent the OVC winner to WIU who tied us for the MVFC crown. I can see St. Francis if we have no other MVFC teams (above us) in our half and it is not televised on ESPN2. In 2006 both YSU and JMU deserved home games for round-1.

--- End quote ---
The one favorable T.V. match up I could see 1AA is Villanova

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version