YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Losing season

<< < (4/6) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 28, 2015, 01:02:54 PM ---I really think Bo Pelini will be the next football coach at the University of Minnesota and he will take the majority of his staff with him to replace Jerry Kill who just decided to step down 😨

--- End quote ---

How do we go from:" Bo wants to be here" and "Bo wanted to come back and send his kids to Mooney" and "Bo wants to coach under an administration that will support him"?  Now at the drop of a hat, he is ready to take another job.  I don't get it.  He hasn't been here a year.

IAA Fan:
I think that you have a better chance of seeing Jim Tressel take the job. There was discussion before that the NCAA would grant coach T just cause to temporarily coach at Minnesota, because of Kill's cancer treatments. Then JT would just stay on. I heard from reliable source that the NCAA was not "buying" it 2 years ago. Who knows about now?

go guins:
I don't see any way either BP or JT takes that job.  Bo gets Nebraska money for coaching 1-AA (team not coaching our blogger 1-AA!)  JT will retire as President of YSU.  Coaching second level Big10 FB or BB is a nightmare.  Good grief, they both WON in the Big 10 and got fired, they aren't going back and lose!  It would take years to build MN to contend.  BP will get YSU in playoffs a couple times and when contract up, will take a power 5 job with a 500 or better team.  Only job JT would even consider would be running against Brown for the US Senate, and that's a real possibility but he isn't going back to the sidelines. 

ysuguins4:
I don't see Bo going anywhere until the Nebraska money runs out.

Penguin Nation:
My 5 year prediction:

BP......HC at a P5 program.

JT......Senator or Governor.

Carl P.......HC at YSU (unless HC in 2016 at Akron after Terry Bowden's firing...it would be the most sensible thing  Akron has ever done).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version