YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Losing season

<< < (5/6) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 29, 2015, 01:08:31 PM ---My 5 year prediction:

BP......HC at a P5 program.

JT......Senator or Governor.

Carl P.......HC at YSU (unless HC in 2016 at Akron after Terry Bowden's firing...it would be the most sensible thing  Akron has ever done).

--- End quote ---

BP, I can see that.  3 years in playoffs should get P5 job. 

I would LOVE JT as governor.  Senate may take too long, but he'd be good there too.

CP at YSU isn't impossible since you are right, Akron hardly ever does anything right and this would be right.

RE: T Bowden.  My dad was a great carpenter.  I can't build a damn thing.  Bowden's dad was a great coach, but Terry's coaching skills rivals my construction skills! 

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 29, 2015, 01:08:31 PM ---My 5 year prediction:

Carl P.......HC at YSU (unless HC in 2016 at Akron after Terry Bowden's firing...it would be the most sensible thing  Akron has ever done).

--- End quote ---

Carl will not be the HC at YSU ever.  He is a liability nightmare. See FAU.  He was applying for high school coaching jobs in the mid-west and wouldn't even get an interview.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on October 29, 2015, 04:46:30 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Carl will not be the HC at YSU ever.  He is a liability nightmare. See FAU.  He was applying for high school coaching jobs in the mid-west and wouldn't even get an interview.

--- End quote ---

At FAU, where the University president cleared Carl of drug use, and where Carl offered to immediately take a urine drug screen, and where all of his urine drug screens were negative?

Worst case scenario, if he did drugs (again...zero evidence he did), if it wasn't affecting his job performance, then I couldn't care less.  Seriously...why care...drug prohibition is idiotic anyway.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/28/redemption-road/

The only thing about Carl that concerns me is his 5-15 record at FAU.  However, that is a big improvement over the 1-11/0-8 record of Howard Schnellenberger's last season in 2011 (as an aside, I was at the dedication of the stadium last year which was cool).  Plus, during Carl's second season, they upgraded conferences from the Sun Belt to CUSA.  The rest of his record as DC at NE and at OU is impressive.

Carl would be an asset to any program.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Carl as the next head coach at YSU..Thanks but know thanks. He's lucky to still have a job after that all out blitz call up 11.. I wasn't surprised Bo defended that play call on his radio show but I was disappointed he swept his players under the bus for not picking up the back out of the backfield..one to many meltdowns Defensively this season and I don't feel it's all on the players

FOOTBALLFEVER:
BTW the Guins are ranked 5th in all of FCS for fewest penalties committed. We would probably be first if we didn't take such screwing by the refs against Illinois st. This tells me one thing we do have smart players ☺

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version