YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Losing season

(1/6) > >>

paladin:
Boy, I hate to admit it, but I was wrong..... WAY wrong in pre-season when I projected YSU to go 7-4. Its rare that I miss and the record here reflects  my picks over the years being right most of the time. This year, the team was loaded with talent and SUPPOSEDLY getting   a "great" coach. What could go wrong ? Right ? 

I now view this season finishing with a losing record, 5-6 and may be worse. QB problems ( as I predicted), a D that isn't as good as advertised, injuries on the OL and coaching "questionable".  The league remains a meat grinder and YSU is lucky they played the   weenies early. It could have gotten real ugly. May yet still.

Penguin Nation:
I also predicted 7-4 with losses to Pitt, ISUr, SDSU, and NDSU prior to the season.  I thought SDSU was a win after the ISUr game, tho.  Now I agree that 5-6 is very likely as they may split the last four games.

I suppose that w/ the MEAC not fielding playoff teams, a 6-5 could conceivably get in...but doubt it.

It's amazing how accurate Massey is....who has been spot on and predicted a 3-5 MVFC record and has been perfect so far.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: paladin on October 26, 2015, 02:09:06 PM ---Boy, I hate to admit it, but I was wrong..... WAY wrong in pre-season when I projected YSU to go 7-4. Its rare that I miss and the record here reflects  my picks over the years being right most of the time. This year, the team was loaded with talent and SUPPOSEDLY getting   a "great" coach. What could go wrong ? Right ? 

I now view this season finishing with a losing record, 5-6 and may be worse. QB problems ( as I predicted), a D that isn't as good as advertised, injuries on the OL and coaching "questionable".  The league remains a meat grinder and YSU is lucky they played the   weenies early. It could have gotten real ugly. May yet still.

--- End quote ---

LOL!! You are full of sh**! There is NO talent on this team. 5 years of overrated athletes with no football smarts. YSU has a few good players on both sides of the ball after that probably not even DII.

Stick to predicting not talent evaluation.. That's all,, Carry on  ;)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Wolford was 15-9 over his last two seasons and left B.P. and his staff plenty to be successful with this season. Bo even said it himself. If he didn't like it he had every opportunity to change it. I refuse to give B.P. a free pass and accept it as a rebuilding year. There have been plenty of first year coaches that have turned very poor programs into contenders the first year. With the history and tradition at YSU this is not acceptable 

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 26, 2015, 03:15:51 PM ---Wolford was 15-9 over his last two seasons and left B.P. and his staff plenty to be successful with this season. Bo even said it himself. If he didn't like it he had every opportunity to change it. I refuse to give B.P. a free pass and accept it as a rebuilding year. There have been plenty of first year coaches that have turned very poor programs into contenders the first year. With the history and tradition at YSU this is not acceptable

--- End quote ---

This is a great point ^^ "BUT" I believe that YSU is full of great kids but not great football players,, just not DI MVFC types. The whole culture will need to change to blue collar, hard hitting, smash mouth football and leave the fancy finesse behind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version