YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The up side

<< < (3/5) > >>

ValleyTalk:
This one was on the offense. It certainly looked out of sync in the first half. Wells was bad, and the receivers were even worse. Second half they played better, but not much better. Wells better get his act together quick or he is going to struggle in conference play.

Overall, wasn't all that upset with the defense. They gave up the early TD after we coughed it up, and they played pretty solid the rest of the way. Still you would think we would have done much better against the run being they couldn't pass whatsoever.

It was ugly for sure and I was not happy, but it is far too early to go into panic mode. Last year we played absolutely terrible vs. Duquesne (esp. in the 2nd half) and the next thing you know we started 7-1.

Let's see how we perform next week before we panic. St. Francis still has that RB (Dickson) that ran all over us last year.  We shall see if we can play better this year against him.

Go Guins!

ysufan0505:
Run defense has to be shored up but overall the defense definitely kept us in the game. LeRoy with another INT. Rivers is an absolute stud.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 13, 2015, 03:07:38 PM ---Run defense has to be shored up but overall the defense definitely kept us in the game. LeRoy with another INT. Rivers is an absolute stud.

--- End quote ---

Yep, if we had LeRoy instead of no.8 at safety. We probably would have gone to the playoff and Wolf would still be the coach.

ysubigred:
This is humorous reading all the aftermath of a badly played game.

1. This football team is 95% of the greatest recruiter ever.. The wolf man LOL!! (Sorry but I did not notice all the talent).

2. We still have the dumbest "O" coordinator since JK..

3. Maybe Bobby Morris is actually a decent team that wanted it more?

Hang in there gang we'll be alright. Can't be any worse than the last 5 years.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 13, 2015, 12:48:28 PM ---Well Wolf's specialty is O-Line, and that seems to be our biggest area of decline from last year.
Not sad at all that he is gone, but I didn't expect this either. I'm willing to give the passing and rushing games a free pass for now until I see improvement by the big guys up front.

Special teams are dicey, but we all had a hunch that would be the case.

--- End quote ---

LOL!! Wolf's "O" line looked great against Jerry's kids and the blind center... But I see your point  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version