YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The up side

<< < (2/5) > >>

IAA Fan:
All the more reason that we should be playing these teams. Again, until I see another trophy, I want to play no one of any ability OOC (aside from our $$ game). Sorry Power, I know you are shaking your head in disappointment, as we all are, but UNI IS a play-off caliber team ...YSU is NOT.

You should also not disrespect RMU, they are working their way up to a full scholarship program and they should be a regular opponent. In a couple of years they are not going to be playing us without a return game & it is nice to have them close.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I still believe in the penguins and everyone just needs to remain calm. They still have a chance to become a very good team as Pelini has stated in his most recent press conference. I think one thing we can agree on is Robert Morris was not as bad as everyone thought and coming off the Pitt game and the weather conditions this game had the potential to be a trap game. They were solid and a much better team then St. FRANCIS and Duquesne from a year ago. I have been a big supporter of Shane Montgomery all along but some of the play calling the last two weeks has been very bizarre. The offense needs to get on the same page and fast. Wells has not been sharp at times and his receivers need to start catching more balls. Many disagreement's on the sidelines between the receiver coach Crist, Wells, and the receiver's themselves. Mobility on the offensive line remains a question mark alot of quick defensive fronts still await. I think the kicking game will continue to have it's up and downs each week during the course of the season. I feel very good about the defense moving forward   

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 13, 2015, 08:04:06 AM ---All the more reason that we should be playing these teams. Again, until I see another trophy, I want to play no one of any ability OOC (aside from our $$ game). Sorry Power, I know you are shaking your head in disappointment, as we all are, but UNI IS a play-off caliber team ...YSU is NOT.

You should also not disrespect RMU, they are working their way up to a full scholarship program and they should be a regular opponent. In a couple of years they are not going to be playing us without a return game & it is nice to have them close.

--- End quote ---

you dont win trophies with Shane Montgomery as the OC. Thats a fact, guy has never won anything in his coaching career, wont start now.

Penguin Nation:
These games can't be "won." If you clobber them, then you were expected to. It is all risk with trivial, if any, reward.  One player commented after the game that they didn't get hyped for this game, and overlooked them.

There's no polishing a turd.  RMU lost in regulation the week before to a nonscholly team.  This season they are expected to finish in last place...in the NEC.

Heacock or the Wolf would be scorched for such poor preparation.  BP gets a pass...but this is the last one.

Many fans, accustomed to mediocrity in the YSU FB program, may see that nothing has changed.  This game was a bucket of cold water on BP's homecoming and hopes of renewing the winning tradition.  BP had the audacity to implore the fans after the game to fill the stands.  It's a two way street...you need to do your part BP...and you haven't so far.

The upside?  I think it'll be a wake up call. STFU will get lit up next week.  I still think 7-4 is likely...doubt playoffs but it's possible...but am edging closer to thinking 6-5...especially if the MOV versus STFU is < 21.

HappyPenguin:
Well Wolf's specialty is O-Line, and that seems to be our biggest area of decline from last year.

Not sad at all that he is gone, but I didn't expect this either. I'm willing to give the passing and rushing games a free pass for now until I see improvement by the big guys up front.

Special teams are dicey, but we all had a hunch that would be the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version