Author Topic: Vindicator Story: _ Scalzo: Winning will make the crowds stay  (Read 12049 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator Story: _ Scalzo: Winning will make the crowds stay
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
top 3 in MVFC make playoffs and I would say top 4 if FCS playoff committee truly wants the best 24 teams.

''Some simply are azzuming a coronation for NDSU.  I want to see what happens when they play at Southern Illinois and at Indiana State on the last two weeks of October.  I don't expect them to lose, but let us see just how dominant their defense is against statistically the best offenses in the conference. '

BisoNation doesnt assume anything, our playing on the field speaks for itself and after 2-3 weeks of struggling by our fanbase's lofty standards, NDSU is primed to explode the next 2 weeks......and NDSU plays dam well on the road with no pressures of fans , girlfriends, friends etc......

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
I think 8-4 would be a close call. Gotta win 1 of the last 3 for sure.

I don't think any team wants to be 8-4 with three straight losses heading to Selection Sunday.  Kind of hard to argue you are playoff worthy if you are coming off losing 3 straight conference games.  I sure as hell would argue if the 4th place CAA team got in with that record and finish.

So agree, need at least 1 one of the last 3.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
top 3 in MVFC make playoffs and I would say top 4 if FCS playoff committee truly wants the best 24 teams.

''Some simply are azzuming a coronation for NDSU.  I want to see what happens when they play at Southern Illinois and at Indiana State on the last two weeks of October.  I don't expect them to lose, but let us see just how dominant their defense is against statistically the best offenses in the conference. '

BisoNation doesnt azzume anything, our playing on the field speaks for itself and after 2-3 weeks of struggling by our fanbase's lofty standards, NDSU is primed to explode the next 2 weeks......and NDSU plays dam well on the road with no pressures of fans , girlfriends, friends etc......

yeah but NDSU is only 2-3 vs YSU in the last 5 years and that 1st win was by 5 points, they dont play that well vs YSU especially a playoff hungry YSU team (who beat #1 NDSU at NDSU before)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »
All this talk about play-offs, this record that record is cool but all that matters is packing the house this Sat for a win over WIU.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:33:30 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
All this talk about play-offs, this record that record is cool but all that matters is packing the house this Sat for a win over WIU.

Agreed

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
Absolutely correct.  Western Illinois this week, then South Dakota on the road after the bye week.  And road games are never easy.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
With the expanded playoffs, you can etch in stone that the third place finishers in the CAA, Big Sky, and MVFC will all make the post-season.  That is a huge step in the right direction for us since Strollo had to fight hard to get SDSU in as our third team last season, despite the obvious strength of the league.  Right now we would be heavy favorites to finish at least third, even with losses to UNI and NDSU. 

Some simply are azzuming a coronation for NDSU.  I want to see what happens when they play at Southern Illinois and at Indiana State on the last two weeks of October.  I don't expect them to lose, but let us see just how dominant their defense is against statistically the best offenses in the conference. 

I am also not surrendering our game at UNI.  Wolford has taken them to the wire three times.  Hang around and this time we might get a break at the end.  Heaven knows the football gods owe us several of those against Team Choke.

Wick,

I agree with your assessment. I would alo like to add that we will see how UNI plays this weekend. They were beat up by NDSU and the loss of their startting LB has impacted their defense. We will have a bye week to rest up before the 3 game stretch. We may be able to leverage that time to get everyone healthy for the final stretch.