Author Topic: BO PELINI: THE NEW HEAD COACH AT YSU  (Read 44094 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: BO PELINI: THE NEW HEAD COACH AT YSU
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
When Bo speaks then I will believe. If he is offered and accepts the position the football program isn't guaranteed instant success. It would do wonders for the recruiting class of 2015 at this point. Y.S.U. might be thinking long term in their coaching search as they know Bo will more then likely be gone after 2 or 3 years. I do feel this just might be the sticking point at this time. He would be a great coach to jump start this program and then his top assistants that he brings in could take over the program if they chose not to follow him..should get very interesting today!!

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:41 AM »
This is a very nice addition for the Penguins and the University of Youngstown.. Bo is a big name, and I do believe that many thought we wouldn't get a big named guy from 1A to come down. This is good for the program! Looking forward to the future here with the Guins!
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 09:27:29 AM »
So football scoop is an authority on who will be the next coach?

I don't believe this at all.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »
Well, I don't know what to believe at this point. Some reporter I have never heard of says he "talked" to Bo... Football Scoop reporting that no offer has been made, but when it is made, Bo will accept it.... It's so quiet and hush hush. Idk

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop  ·  10h 10 hours ago

Spoke w source at YSU, they want me to reiterate, as we did in prior tweet, that they have not formally offered the job yet.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:34:27 AM »
Youngstown Social @YtownSocial  ·  2h 2 hours ago
It was fun while it lasted, but Bo Pelini will NOT be the next football coach at YSU (per someone who knows).

kforbs126

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Scalzo is tweeting that chances of last nights rumors to be true are slim and also tweeted that Bob Hannon said Pelini is not coming to YSU. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »
Well, looks like we got excited for nothing... Thanks, Football Scoop. Sigh......

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 10:02:10 AM »
Read my earlier post about footballscoop.com.  They just throw stuff out there hoping it will stick

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »
I just don't see how you can put your credibility out on the line like that big time and have it fold... Man. Risky business!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 10:38:02 AM »
Read my earlier post about footballscoop.com.  They just throw stuff out there hoping it will stick

Yes, that's how groups like this boost their following and some people believe everything that they say.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 11:00:58 AM »
Thing is, Football Scoop has been around since 99... And they specialize in only coaching rumors. Just seems pretty odd to me that they would put this big rumor out there without any substance there....

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »
Thing is, Football Scoop has been around since 99... And they specialize in only coaching rumors. Just seems pretty odd to me that they would put this big rumor out there without any substance there....

There is more truth to this than "not" truth.. Just might be too premature for the announcement.. Legal issues need to be ironed out etc.

If not oh well.. I just hope the new hire is better than the last band of stooges  ::)

Offline JFootball2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »

There is more truth to this than "not" truth.. Just might be too premature for the announcement.. Legal issues need to be ironed out etc.

If not oh well.. I just hope the new hire is better than the last band of stooges  ::)

theres no truth to it

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »
 Major media outlets were carrying the story including ESPN, and NBC. It was good and free publicity for the FB program if nothing else. I actually read speculation that YSU was going to join the Sun Belt after Pelini became HC.  :D

I wouldn't conclude this is over. YSU announced that a decision would be made this week, and Pelini was on campus. If they were finalizing a contract with another candidate, it would seem unusual to court another during that process.

If it is not Pelini, than this will dampen the excitement of whomever the selection is. "well, instead of a BIG HC, here's a QB coach from Tulsa."😃
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen