Author Topic: LUKE FICKEL LEADING CANDIDATE AT YSU  (Read 21478 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
LUKE FICKEL LEADING CANDIDATE AT YSU
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »
 Jim Tressel can be very persuasive.  He could convince Fickel that YSU is a much better place to jump start his head coaching career than the MAC.  Better facilities and more opportunity to succeed.  Also, Fickel would have the comfort of knowing Tressel has his back.

Also Fickel may tired of always feeling Urban Meyer is going to bring in his own guy to run the defense.  YSU football needs a big shot on the arm, let's face it the other names being mentioned don't do much for more.  I think Brian Wright would be an awful hire, no personality from what I remember when he was here before.  Also, his career nothing spectacular. We need a star, Fickel is a brand name from one of the top programs in the country.

Issues would be a huge pay cut, and one story I read is that his wife loves Columbus.  But for some, power is more important than money.

Regardless, we need a 'wow factor'.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: LUKE FICKEL LEADING CANDIDATE AT YSU
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:50 AM »
Better career chance at YSU than the MAC?  Tell that to Darrell Hazell, or Dean Pees, or etc.  If Luke Fickell comes here based on that train of logic, look for more of the same.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »
The only thing I don't understand, yes he would be a head coach... But taking a 400k pay cut? Not so sure that would be alright with him... A lot of the buckeye posters on eleven warriors think he's leaving and that DJ Durkin or Muschamp would come coach defense at OSU. Interesting....

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Laughable

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »
This thread is going to look really stupid if this is untrue.   This is speculation and the thread should read "what if" Luke ...

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »
Sad everybody wanted the Wolf out and now if true the so called frontrunner handpicked by a legend is a bad choice,  Are we that stupid?  Everybody wants a local guy even if substandard like Shepas the guy at Mt Union etc and the better recruit the area too when the area can't produce it. Laughable
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »
yes, what is the basis of this thread? If there is an article out there, please link to it so we do not appear certifiable.

Just because a man is slightly under-qualified to coach OSU, does not mean he could not take a larger college program. Yes there are advantages to YSU over a MAC program, but not much unless he wants something longer term. Obviously I want someone that is long-term.

Fickel became a mini-legend with the Buckeye fans, when he took over for Tressel. I was watching the basketball game when they introduced Meyer and Fickel's standing ovation was amazing. You would have thought the fans did not even care about Meyer.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
Not saying he's the leading candidate but its' being floated around on twitter by some people and being talked about by the OSU guys here.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2014/11/44733/fickell-to-ysu

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »
Luke Fickle is possibly a good fit. But if he has no understanding that YSU needs to go to FBS/1a, it would be best if he stay at Ohio State.................YSU can beat Ohio State if we can keep our great players at YSU...............

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
WHAT???????

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »
Ah come on!! You know what I mean if we can recurit our great HS players to YSU..........do not act that way you know what I meant. Ohio State is always recruiting in the Mahoning Valley. YSU needs to recruit the players to a FBS/1a football program.  Remember, Ohio State earned a National Championship on the back of a Mahoning Valley running back............be nice

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
YSU does not recruit the Mahoning valley.  aren't enough kids that can play at YSU'a level.  Your on a pipe dream if you think otherwise

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ah HAHAHA  aye yae  yae.............ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA AH  I can't stop laughing ............HA HA HA HA HA please help  HA HA AHA

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
There are not many Clarret's that come walking thru doors anymore. One a kind.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »
someone explain to me why Fickel would take a 350K a year paycut to be the head coach at YSU ?