Author Topic: Official: Head Coach Search Thread  (Read 235697 times)

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Official: Head Coach Search Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
COACH MARROW, COACH MARROW he is our man
   COACH MARROW, COACH MARROW  if he can't do it
        NOBODY can.

I think he is my favorite. He is doing really fine at Kentucky
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:52:51 PM by GOPENNY »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »
I closed out the other thread as there are too many duplications.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »
How could Vince Marrow be on that list? What qualifications could he possibly have ??

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »
How could Vince Marrow be on that list? What qualifications could he possibly have ??

Unfortunately for us he's somebody's friend so that probably qualifies him.  I agree

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
Unfortunately for us he's somebody's friend so that probably qualifies him.  I agree

I visited a friend in Lexington and she took me to a Kentucky game. It was so much fun. Any how, there was one coach that was soooooooooo much enjoying his work. I asked my friend who he was? She said Coach Marrow. As it turns out Coach Marrow went to Cardinal Mooney, I think the Head Coach at Kentucky, is from Youngstown, Ohio. I do not know,  if he too went to Cardinal Mooney. But, I think Coach Marrow was so passionate about his coaching job. I think he would be a great coach for YSU.  Does anyone know if he was interviewed. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:47:43 PM by GOPENNY »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »

Yes unqualified for even a coordinator's job at our level.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »

Yes unqualified for even a coordinator's job at our level.

Oh no, not so fast. Coach Marrow has a perfect resume for YSU's football team. I just checked his portfolio.   Coach Marrow, played football at Cardinal Mooney in Youngstown. He was a basketball player at YSU. He played football at Toledo where he transferred. He was drafted into professional football. He coached semi professional football teams. He coached High School Football. He coached  football at Nebraska University .
He now coaches at Kentucky University and he also recruits at Kentucky University. He really should be interviewed.  He seems to be a nice family man too.   

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »
way under-qualified. The man had to take a HS job after leaving a short stint in the NFL-e ...BTW who gives a crap about Mooney? Mooney gets you a job in the Stoops-Pellini camp, but not in the Strollo-Tressel camp

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »
way under-qualified. The man had to take a HS job after leaving a short stint in the NFL-e ...BTW who gives a crap about Mooney? Mooney gets you a job in the Stoops-Pellini camp, but not in the Strollo-Tressel camp

Ohhhh you make me soooooooo mad. Coach Marrow is on the list that the Strollo-Tressel camp made up. I did not make the list, the Strollo-Tressel camp did. But, hmmmmmmmmmm on 2nd thought, did not the Strollo-Tressel camp select the coach b4 the guy you guys call the wolf. Also, hmmmmmmmmm did not half of the Strollo-Tressel camp pick the Wolf guy. Maybe, they need some help picking the next guy........maybe a committee?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2014, 08:16:38 PM »
It has been tight lipped.  The rumors in the news paper and football scoop are simply that.....rumors.  the population must have shrunk to the point where Youngstown is a single traffic light and everyone suspects they know what everyone else is doing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:19:03 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
We basically know nothing right now. Strollo doing a good job of keeping it under wraps....

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »
We basically know nothing right now. Strollo doing a good job of keeping it under wraps....

My intuition tells me.........I think it will be Vince Marrow.   He has all the qualifications.........

I wonder if the university will do a background check on the selected person. Remember
Penn  State and some guy that was molesting students or whatever?

My neighbor says the university has to make a decision pretty quick. He said something about recruiting needs to be started soon.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:22:22 PM by GOPENNY »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2014, 11:30:21 PM »

My intuition tells me.........I think it will be Vince Marrow.   He has all the qualifications.........

I wonder if the university will do a background check on the selected person. Remember
Penn  State and some guy that was molesting students or whatever?

My neighbor says the university has to make a decision pretty quick. He said something about recruiting needs to be started soon.

Get over Marrow and find a new candidate to be a cheerleader for:
@KySportsRadio: Spoke with UK Asst Vince Marrow who told me that he is not interested in the Youngstown State job and is "committed to being right here"

Offline YSU45

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »
Coach Tressel wouldn't hire Marrow as a position coach at OSU!!  I'm pretty sure he won't hire him as a Head Coach!!

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »
Well, ok I was checking out Trent Boykin. The information shows Coach Boykin was a head coach at Lane. I think it was for  two  years. The website says the team lost 17 games. Oh no that is not good!

So, back to Coach Marrow.
Well  maybe YSU can  help change his mind.  Coach Marrow has so many great qualifications. My neighbor says a football team needs a good recruiter. I think Coach Marrow is in charge of recruiting at the Kentucky University football team. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:35:59 AM by GOPENNY »