Author Topic: Women's Basketball!  (Read 87861 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Basketball!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2014, 03:57:53 PM »
Agreed the offense needs some work. Way too many turnovers but the good teams are still able to win games with defense if the offense is struggling.... Came out with the W which is all that counts! Keep it going ladies!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
We committed 27 turnovers and shot just 34%.  How do you win under those circumstances: by out-rebounding a much taller team by 12 and holding them to under 27% shooting.  Our starting guards committed 16 of those turnovers.  But remember, we are talking about two freshmen and a sophomore.  Mistakes are inevitable.  Benjamin had her first poor collegiate game with 8 turnovers.  Let us see how she and the others respond tomorrow.  All wins, including this one, will look very good after the season.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
i watched the stream online (granted on my phone) while I watched football at my friends, and seems they left a lot of points on the board with missed layups, and ect.  They played sloppy but its not a bad thing when you play at your worse and still come away with a W.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
Women are now live vs. Tennessee State. Up 13-6 early shooting 6 of 6 from the floor.

Live video: http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=2059

Spiderlegs

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »
A great start--too bad they can't sustain their momentum. Not sure what to make of what we are seeing, but not as bad as yesterday. There's no concern for ball protection and I'm really surprised at how many layups and inside shorts are missed. At least the pass to nowhere seems to have disappeared. I'm hoping all this gets fixed before conference.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 05:18:58 PM »
Improved second half.  Defense and boxing out was slack at the end, but by then it was too late to matter. Much better win than yesterday.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »
Best thing about today was the play of Cash (13 points/5 rebounds) and Olson (10 points/9 rebounds.)  Walker is a good player, but she is also a foul magnet.  The reserve big people must be effective once we get into conference play.  We took a big step in that direction today.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »
6-0 ladies!!!! Keep it coming.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:52 PM »
The new RPI issued yesterday has the women at 42 in the country and two other Horizon teams in the top 50 (Green Bay and Wright St.). I don't put a lot of stock in it at this point in the season and think that beating the top teams in the conference will be tough, but it's a sign of how much progress has been made.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

Spiderlegs

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
Women beat Oberlin 92-43.  What we would expect from a good D-I team playing a D-III school. Everyone played. Everyone scored. Bench accounted for 51 points. The women stayed focused on implementing their game on both sides of the ball. Even the bench did this. Very aggressive when opportunities opened up. My only complaint was some poor inside shooting, especially by Walker in 1H. This is turning into a pattern and I really hope Barnes addresses this before the conference begins. The stats do not give enough credit to how Benjamin held things together until the team found itself and how the team clicks when she is on the court. The last few games this team has run some gorgeous fast breaks.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »
Just keep on rollin' ladies!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Tonight's game against Canisus will be a good test for WBB. Although Canisus is 4-3, they've won their last four by hefty margins, as if the team has gotten its act together. They're playing lower tier competition like YSU has been. This test may be comparable to the test provided by Bucknell. Go Penguins.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »
80-48 win on the road! Wow awesome job ladies!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
This coach is worth every dime we can scrape up
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Spiderlegs

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »
I thought this would be a test.  I was wrong. They were ready. 3 pt. shots 12-20. 28 assists. This was about the time last year that this team started to take off.