Poll

Who wins?

Indiana State
4 (17.4%)
Youngstown State
19 (82.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Home Finale: Indiana State (6-4) at Youngstown State (7-3)  (Read 24559 times)

ValleyTalk

Home Finale: Indiana State (6-4) at Youngstown State (7-3)
« on: November 09, 2014, 12:49:32 PM »
Indiana State invades Stambaugh Stadium to take on Youngstown State in what is clearly a must-win for each team. Indiana State must win-out to have any chance of making the playoffs, and for all intents and purposes, YSU must win this because NDSU looms a week later.

Indiana State has won just twice at Stambaugh, once in 2010, 30-24, and in 1995 13-6. YSU finished 3-8 each of those two seasons.

Indiana State is coming off a 32-17 loss in Terre Haute, IN to South Dakota State. YSU is coming off a 35-21 loss to Illinois State in Normal, IL.

Massey has YSU favored 24-21 and his model gives YSU a 60% chance of winning.

On paper, this is a game YSU should win. It will be very interesting to see how YSU responds. Will they lay an egg like last year vs. SDSU, or will they respond in a big way and quiet the critics like they did against SIU.

I expect YSU to come out ready to go. Weather looks cold, but dry, with a high of 37 on Saturday.

I plan on making it and I plan on being as loud as possible. Naturally, I would not expect a big crowd, but to those of you going, bring a cowbell or some form of noise maker and be loud all game long. This team absolutely deserves it. I truly believe a win on Saturday puts them in great shape to make the playoffs.

Go YSU!

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
Re: Home Finale: Indiana State (6-4) at Youngstown State (7-3)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
Yesterday was a tough day for us.. I think we come back strong on saturday! Everyone knows its a must win, I think we take next week!! GO GUIN
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »
Can't wait to see the non fan support for the biggest game of the year! 5,000 maybe! Oh well, I will be there! GO GUINS!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:31 PM »
Can't wait to see the non fan support for the biggest game of the year!

Maybe we could get some Seahawk fans to attend; they know how to make noise.
Maybe we could ask McDonald's to fix our sound system before the next game.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 07:31:39 AM »
Right now the forecast is showing no chance of rain, im praying it holds up.. It would be nice to enjoy a game with not getting wet!

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:33:36 AM »
I'm hoping for a big YSU win, and play ND St tough the following week!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »
This is a game we win. Keeps hope alive for the last game where a big showing means playoffs.

In recent seasons, that crucial game(s) has also been when we have crumbled like a dollar storm umbrella in a hurricane.

I expect the same...and not just because its against NDSU...Missouri State at our place killed any confidence I had in this team to seal the deal. They've shown me nothing since then to change my mind.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »
This is the first play off game.  ISUb has their back against the wall a day so do we.  This is a mustest win.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
IT is time for a big win.. Need a statement win.. Not a lets just win the game,.. Lets beat the sh** out of them.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »
Agreed, we need to not just win. We need to dominate this team! By 14+ and make it look easy!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »
Computer busted again and have not been on. Now on a tablet( do not like them). I see a toss up game. And close.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
Does margin of victory matter to the selection committee?  I heard both that it does, and also that it does not.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 10:41:34 AM »
This is the first playoff game.  ISUb has their back against the wall and so do we.  This is a must win.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Does margin of victory matter to the selection committee?  I heard both that it does, and also that it does not.

Thats a good question.. You would think it would be more convincing though to win a game by double digits rather than a squeaky 3 or 6 point win.. We haven't had a big win yet, because you can't count the non conference boobie blowout early in the season.. Would love to see us pull out a convincing win, this offense is talented as hell, seems though we often times find ways to limit the talent, or move away from what works. Looking forward to it, can't wait to hop on the plane on friday to head up.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »

Thats a good question.. You would think it would be more convincing though to win a game by double digits rather than a squeaky 3 or 6 point win.. We haven't had a big win yet, because you can't count the non conference boobie blowout early in the season.. Would love to see us pull out a convincing win, this offense is talented as hell, seems though we often times find ways to limit the talent, or move away from what works. Looking forward to it, can't wait to hop on the plane on friday to head up.

It certainly can't hurt...plus it feeds the fans some red meat...
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen