Poll

Who wins?

Indiana State
4 (17.4%)
Youngstown State
19 (82.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Home Finale: Indiana State (6-4) at Youngstown State (7-3)  (Read 24562 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Home Finale: Indiana State (6-4) at Youngstown State (7-3)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
What is Saturday's weather forecast?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
Here is a story Cleveland:

I was in high school (I went to Canfield in the late 70's & early 80's if any of you know the faculty). I had a teacher discussing the differences between the North and South during the US civil war. The teacher "bit off more than he could chew" and began to discuss everything from political systems to France vs. England. Well, I became fed up with some of his obviously wrong statements and told him the way that I though it was.

The teacher could have laughed at the 13-year old kid. However, I addressed the teacher with all the respect that he deserved. After the class, he and I went to another teacher (a noted expert in the subject) and had a nice discussion where I learned more. I even got to eat in the teachers lounge and had a pop (something students could not drink at the time, so it was a big deal to me).

Moral: dispute the post ...not the poster. It really does not matter who posted something ...what does matter is that if you know something different ...tell us, so we all know. If the coach made poor adjustments ..give an example of what you would have done differently on a given play. I have never been a huge Wolf fan, but he has forgotten more about coaching than I could ever know. He is the leader of my team and deserves all of the respect of his position.

So did you have a coke or pepsi?

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
He probably had an RC.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »
Saturday is supposed to be nice, not calling for rain..
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline BarstoolCleveland

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

I was in high school (I went to Canfield in the late 70's & early 80's if any of you know the faculty). I had a teacher discussing the differences between the North and South during the US civil war. The teacher "bit off more than he could chew" and began to discuss everything from political systems to France vs. England. Well, I became fed up with some of his obviously wrong statements and told him the way that I though it was.

The teacher could have laughed at the 13-year old kid. However, I addressed the teacher with all the respect that he deserved. After the class, he and I went to another teacher (a noted expert in the subject) and had a nice discussion where I learned more. I even got to eat in the teachers lounge and had a pop (something students could not drink at the time, so it was a big deal to me).

Moral: dispute the post ...not the poster. It really does not matter who posted something ...what does matter is that if you know something different ...tell us, so we all know. If the coach made poor adjustments ..give an example of what you would have done differently on a given play. I have never been a huge Wolf fan, but he has forgotten more about coaching than I could ever know. He is the leader of my team and deserves all of the respect of his position.

HAHAHA!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:02 PM »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
I think it goes without saying, this is the single biggest game for Coach Eric Wolford if he wants to remain head coach at YSU. Time to put your money where your mouth is.

He is well aware of the situation at hand. He is not tone deaf to the fan base or the empty stands.

Good luck Coach! You've grown quite a bit in recent years and I want you to succeed.

Go YSU!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 06:25:09 AM »
I think it goes without saying, this is the single biggest game for Coach Eric Wolford if he wants to remain head coach at YSU. Time to put your money where your mouth is.

He is well aware of the situation at hand. He is not tone deaf to the fan base or the empty stands.

Good luck Coach! You've grown quite a bit in recent years and I want you to succeed.

Go YSU!

I agree that he has grown a lot in the last few years and I hope he succeeds as well.  He has stocked the cupboard full of talent and now need to find a way to win all the games he is supposed to and steal one that he's not.  He has also closed the gap with regard to how we lose games.  A few years ago we could blow 21 point leads and I don't think that is the case any longer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:28:00 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »
It took me all week to think about this game. It comes down to who wants it more... After watching YSU under the current HC for 4+ years I'll say YSU will lay the golden egg to "melt down" and have a game similar to last years SDSU game @ home.

Indy St 38-17   :'(

Offline BarstoolCleveland

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »

Coke is the worst. Nothing made me as happy as seeing Pepsi products on campus.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
Lose this game and see ya Wolf.... But that won't happen. Playoffs here we come!

YSU 34
ISU 21

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
I say they win this one fairly easily, but I wish people would stop talking win this and we are in  ...

Here is your poem:

Over the next 2-weeks, by I-AA

2-0 is what we can do at most ...do it and we host.
1-1 might send us to a game ...if not, no right to complain.
Lose 2 and we are through. But if you ask me,
Lose even one ...and we are done.
As UNI is not going to die.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
Men, you embark upon the last portion of a journey that you started 12 months ago.  Part of the journey involved some of your friends leaving us for various reasons to go their separate ways.  But those of you who remain are a part of something special here at Youngstown State University. You stayed for a reason. You stayed on because you care about the school, what it stands for, your teammates, and yourselves!

All of you recognize that you are a part of something special here. You recognize that you've come a long way from last year. Savor it, absorb this moment and seize it! Embrace it and take it the direction that YOU want to go.

There comes a point in each person’s life when he/she asks himself: How do I want to be remembered?
The moment is at hand. It is not about tomorrow. It is not about yesterday. It is not about what you did ten minutes ago. But part of your future and how you'll be remembered will be shaped by over the next three and half hours on a Saturday.  Look around the locker room and look at the person next to you. How do you want that guy to remember you? How do you want him to remember the way you played in this game? How do you want your parents, family, and friends to remember your performance? Will you be remembered as ordinary or extraordinary?

Thirty years from now when you have your team reunion you'll see many of these faces again and you'll shake hands. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to grasp the hand of that teammate 30 years from now and you look down at each other's hand and you see a giant ring on the finger? You'll reminisce and you'll soak up the common bond that you have with your teammates that can never be broken.

1. Play with heart. No matter what happens, we don't let up!
2. Play with passion. As the game goes on each play adds up to a winning performance.
3. Play within yourselves. Remember what you've been taught and play within that. So often teams lose games because guys start playing outside what they've been asked to do. Trust your mates and know they have your back.
4. Have fun! Relish this moment. Enjoy this, men! Don't be afraid to win!
5. Play with the champion's heart, mind, spirit, & attitude.
6.  Don’t let anyone take this moment away from you. 
GO OUT THERE AND BE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!! BE CHAMPIONS AT YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!

* edited and reprinted with permission of original author who wishes the Penguins the very best.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:24:31 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »
Been here, done this, for oh so many years...IF...we do NOT win the last "TWO" games, we will NOT go to PLAYOFFS.   If we do go,I will be more than SHOCKED.

GO  PENGUNS!!!!

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
 I Agree IAAFan..  have to win both now!   :-\