Author Topic: DB transfer from USF  (Read 12058 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
DB transfer from USF
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
Kenneth Darden, a 6-0 cornerback from South Florida is transferring to YSU and will be eligible this year and have two years of eligibility left. Darden started 11 out of 12 games last year but was arrested in January for possession of marijuana. Should help our DB depth if he can keep his head on straight!

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/bulls-cb-durden-transferring/2186498

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: DB transfer from USF
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
I have a mixed reaction to this news.  I find it unlikely that an individual with a drug issue can magically straighten out by transferring here.  At the same time, perhaps Wolford finally understands that his defense is so poor that he must take reasonable chances.

Any other rumors about transfers for the defense?

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
He's gonna love the weather..:)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »
I see the point Wick. That would add up to about 22 joints ...or 15-16 good joints. That may not be dealing ...hard to say. According to the report, he "took the wrap" and did admit to possession. As you say, this may be a calculated risk. At 6' ...if he can cover corner ...this is good news.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »
Oh no!  He was caught with a plant!

He has an obligation to follow the law, but I would rank this right up there with jaywalking.  Marijuana use now among the youth may be more prevalent than cigarette use was when I was in college.  I don't do weed or support its use, but someday soon this stuff will be legalized, as it should be.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
I have no issue with taking in people for pot possesion. its not even a crime in several states anymore. I would have a bigger issue with a dui or drunk in public then possesion of pot

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
I heard it mentioned last week that Ken can't play yet because of paperwork issues.  Has anyone heard any details on this, or when he may be able to play?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »
I heard it mentioned last week that Ken can't play yet because of paperwork issues.  Has anyone heard any details on this, or when he may be able to play?

Nothing yet. I guess it's a holdup on South Florida's end, which is troubling. We need him out on the field!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
@EdPuskas,

Have you or Joe heard anything from South Florida as to why they are holding up this transfer?

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
@EdPuskas,

Have you or Joe heard anything from South Florida as to why they are holding up this transfer?

I have not. But Joe's looking into it.

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
Sounds like a high character guy. You know..one who is explained the LAW, but knows, or thinks, it doesn't apply to him. I'm all for second chances. Will you all give him one if he gets burned on a late TD pass? That will be the true judge of CHARACTER.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Sounds like a high character guy. You know..one who is explained the LAW, but knows, or thinks, it doesn't apply to him. I'm all for second chances. Will you all give him one if he gets burned on a late TD pass? That will be the true judge of CHARACTER.

The guy got caught with weed. I'd take that any day over him assaulting some random girl or stealing crab legs from a grocery store.... ;)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
The irony is that weed (for medical use anyway  ;) ) will become legal in FL when Issue 2 passes on November 4th.

Soon students at USF will smoke weed between classes....for their glaucoma....... 8)
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 08:38:10 AM »
Sounds like a paperwork issue on USFs side.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
yes that is what I heard as well. They cannot find his papers & they have already confiscated his bong  ;)