Author Topic: UNI In Game Thread  (Read 91731 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI In Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2013, 12:12:43 AM »
At the end of the day. This loss could help us. Maybe it wakes the team up. We have been just getting by lately so hopefully this wakes everybody up

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »
Aw, come on, guys!  Stuff happens.

:D

YSU... UNI's b****es  :'(

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »
At the end of the day. This loss could help us. Maybe it wakes the team up. We have been just getting by lately so hopefully this wakes everybody up

I hope you're right..

ValleyTalk

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2013, 12:20:47 AM »
Need a repeat of two years ago. Lose in last minute at UNI. Beat #1 NDSU in the next week.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
I wonder why everybody is forgetting the MISSED field Goal.  ::) Could have been a 2 point YSU win.. Just saying.  Just hope NDSU plays like YSU did with their heads up their assses  :o

or you know, our D could stop a team using their backup QB and 3rd/4th string RB. They had to convert a LB t RB for this game for crying out loud

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:35 AM »
When is YSU going to forget all this FCS crap and move up and play in the big rodeo(stealing a word out of coach Wolf's vocabulary). Wolf should dress up like a cowboy for next weeks game and tell the team and coahces they need to cowboy up.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
Post game press conference, Wolf said "this loss is on me". Thank you for maning up coach. Let's move forward!

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
Go Guins!  I will be there to root on the Guins!!
Hit em in the mouth....

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
Post game press conference, Wolf said "this loss is on me". Thank you for maning up coach. Let's move forward!
Glad he admitted it. On the other hand I don't think he'll learn from it. It will be one more week of Ruiz up the middle time and time again with the same result.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
I was going to vent against the team and coaching, but how can you blame them for not being focused? To be honest most of the fans on this board read and posted to lakesbison's thread of NDSU that was started on oct. 28th. 12 days before we played NIU! Now someone tell me I'm full of it! There is the real possibility of the penguins losing the next two and missing the playoffs. Don't think so? Wouldn't be the first time for a melt down. Is it true that Tressel will be here for the game next week?  Please tell him to stay in Akron. Let's not embarrass ourselves and him too. If THIS penguin team shows up, NDSU can name the score.......

Kilr, are you kidding me??  Please tell me that was your version of comedy??  Getting his team focused may be the MOST IMPORTANT thing a Head Coach has to do on a weekly basis.  And if he can't do THAT, it's time to go!!!
Believe me, no comedy intended here. Are you suggesting it's time for the coach to go? It shouldn't take much for the 'guins to get up for this game, If they lose it won't be because of the coach keeping them focused. An Alabama in an SDSU uniform won't have much trouble with the team that showed up in cedar falls.......But,.....There's always a chance.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:00:00 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:47 PM »
I wonder why everybody is forgetting the MISSED field Goal.  ::) Could have been a 2 point YSU win.. Just saying.  Just hope NDSU plays like YSU did with their heads up their assses  :o
UNI missed one as well. We could have made those two INTs. We should not have fumbled twice. Hess could not have thrown a pick. It is no single play. It is great execution of a lousy game plan, compounded by lousy in-game coaching. This is the second week in a row. Last week was just a worse opponent so we lucked out.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »
No playmakers on the team...when it comes to the big play we have nobody that will step up!!  Great teams have great playmakers...players that say "not today my friend!!"  Players that make great plays to stop a team or unreal offensive plays to make the other team question what they are doing because no matter what they do they can't stop the "playmaker!!"  We had many opportunities for players to step up and make a play and it did not happen!!!  Coaching allows your playmakers to make the plays...we did not give our playmakers a chance...how many times can you run Ruiz and Webb up the middle like a battering ram???  Put a fullback back there with them and let them lead or kick out the ends that were killing us by making backside tackles...or get them on the edge and let them break it...how about the tight ends down the middle of the field???  They are two of our best playmakers and athletes on the field...non existent during the game????  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!  WE need to step it up this week...

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »
either fire Strollo and get a new AD and either put the money into the program needed to move up to the FBS or else scrap the football program and put the money into basketball. Id rather be a part of march madness than the fcs playoffs.

gooooo guins

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
either fire Strollo and get a new AD and either put the money into the program needed to move up to the FBS or else scrap the football program and put the money into basketball. Id rather be a part of march madness than the fcs playoffs.

gooooo guins

You must be a transplant. Football IS the ONLY sport that matters.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »
If football matters so much why doesnt anyone go to the games? They were lucky if they had 1,000 people there for homecoming. Pretty pathetic. Either the program is lame or the people of the mahoning valley are lame. Which is it?