Author Topic: UNI In Game Thread  (Read 91727 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI In Game Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
I was going to vent against the team and coaching, but how can you blame them for not being focused? To be honest most of the fans on this board read and posted to lakesbison's thread of NDSU that was started on oct. 28th. 12 days before we played NIU! Now someone tell me I'm full of it! There is the real possibility of the penguins losing the next two and missing the playoffs. Don't think so? Wouldn't be the first time for a melt down. Is it true that Tressel will be here for the game next week?  Please tell him to stay in Akron. Let's not embarrass ourselves and him too. If THIS penguin team shows up, NDSU can name the score.......

Kilr, are you kidding me??  Please tell me that was your version of comedy??  Getting his team focused may be the MOST IMPORTANT thing a Head Coach has to do on a weekly basis.  And if he can't do THAT, it's time to go!!!

Offline WelcomeToYoungstown

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
I encourage all of you to yell, swear, drink, and whatever else it takes to vent. It's a frustrating loss no doubt, but it's one loss. This isn't the BCS where our season is done because we lost a road game on the final play. We're 8-2, and we have the #1 team in the country coming to our house next week. Those opportunities don't come around too often. Let's do our best as fans to cheer on our team.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
I encourage all of you to yell, swear, drink, and whatever else it takes to vent. It's a frustrating loss no doubt, but it's one loss. This isn't the BCS where our season is done because we lost a road game on the final play. We're 8-2, and we have the #1 team in the country coming to our house next week. Those opportunities don't come around too often. Let's do our best as fans to cheer on our team.

Very good point Youngstown.  I'll be there next week cheering for the Penguins, just like I do for the Browns!!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
At the end of the day we had multiple opportunities to stop them on the last drive.  One play they went for it on 4th and 1 and their QB was in a shotgun and the lb's backed off the line and they converted.  The other opportunity was the pick that was thrown to # 8 and he didn't make the play.  The next opportunity was the big play Peterman made when he threw their QB down at the 43 knocking them out of fg range setting up the final opportunity not to allow the 1st down and we went into a soft zone and they completed the pass.  As bad as we played the rest of the game, we had the opportunity to win on that last drive and we didn't make a single play to stop them.  What does that say?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:16:40 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »
At the end of the day we had multiple opportunities to stop them on the last drive.  One play they went for it on 4th and 1 and their QB was in a shotgun and the lb's backed off the line and they converted.  The other opportunity was the pick that was thrown to # 8 and he didn't make the play.  The next opportunity was the big play Peterman made when he threw their QB down at the 43 knocking them out of fg range setting up the final opportunity not to allow the 1st down and we went into a soft zone and they completed the pass.  As bad as we played the rest of the game, we had the opportunity to win on that last drive and we didn't make a single play to stop them.  What does that say?

Prolly means we are a good 8-2 team that is not elite. Still a top 15 team in my mind.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
Since the Wolf has been around, I observe that he always manages to lose one he shouldn't, every  year. This one was that game this year. Outcoached and not well prepared.

You got to take your hat off to Farley. The dude can coach every year. And we had better personnel again. And they were hurt playing subs. Freaking amazing !

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
Where can we talk about next weeks game?   We are bringing a fun crew and want to party in youngstown.  ..    win or lose we all.still booze.  Screw UNI

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2013, 11:05:40 PM »
i can only laugh at the morons that think Wolf needs fired,  the program is in the best shape its been in over a decade, yet they dont pay the money to get some decent defensive coaches, says alot when your offense is tops in the nation but your D is one of the worst in a bad confrence (only 2 winning teams)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
i can only laugh at the morons that think Wolf needs fired,  the program is in the best shape its been in over a decade, yet they dont pay the money to get some decent defensive coaches, says alot when your offense is tops in the nation but your D is one of the worst in a bad confrence (only 2 winning teams)

Hahahahahahahaha.....another jokester in the house tonight.  Are you kidding me??  The morons (me included) know the one and only fact about the defensive coaches that apparently you're not paying much attention to.  WOLFORD WAS THE ONE WHO HIRED THEM!!!!!!  This has nothing to do with $$$$ dude.  And if it does, how about Wolford find a young guy trying to make a name for himself and make that person an offer.  Cause the older guys, well, they stink!!!! 

Let me repeat myself one more time.  Wolford is the HEAD COACH, he has every right and responsibility to tell his coaches what to do.  If he doesn't have the balls to talk into his headphones and clearly say "They're stopping our run game and the pass game is open, time to start slinging it around."  or "Hey, every time we've pressured this QB, he's thrown way too short or too long, how bout we put some pressure on this guy.  Have you see the time left in the game???"  Then he shouldn't be a Head Coach.  AF, this is his gig and his alone, he needs to step up and be a Head Coach.  Tough decisions need to be made at various times throughout a game, be a man and make a decision.  If you hurt someone's feelings, that's OK.....you're professionals, remember?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2013, 11:36:34 PM »
We lost the game. Plain and simple. Gotta regroup for next week.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »
Strollos history indicates he usually gets a better coach on the 3rd or 4th hire....  Our problem is its 12 years inbetween winning seasons and playoffs........

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2013, 11:39:14 PM »
The offensive play calling was, well, offensive.  Shane Montgomery took the week off.  He made little adjustments and added no wrinkles.  He barely called any plays to throw to the TE's, we didn't try a back breaker play like a half back pass or flea flicker when we had them on their heels.  He regurgitated last week's game plan which sucked last week and caused us to play a tight game because he was so hell bent on that dive play.  We should have stepped on this team's throat in the third qtr.  There was no creativity.  No reverses, no shovel passes, nothing.  He is stupid for running our QB in the last 2 games.  Now Hess has a hurt ankle.  Hello genius, we need him for the next few games and hopefully playoffs and you have not prepared your backup with any real game experience eventhough you have had opportunities when we played mismatched opponents.  Are you really willing to take that risk?  Is there not other plays that you could run that put Kurt at less risk?  Pull your head out of your a$$, that team was ready for your game plan and you played right into their hands.  UNI was not that good.  Do your freaking job.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:41:39 PM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »
At the end of the day, complain about this or complain about that, but we lost because of a blocked punt and a fumble on a kickoff return.

I said it earlier today. If you don't turn it over, you win. We turned it over two times when it mattered late and we lost as a result.

Need to regroup like we did two years ago after losing to UNI in the last minute and beat #1 NDSU!!!

Offline Captain Cat

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »
Aw, come on, guys!  Stuff happens.

:D

Got A Little Cap'n In Ya?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »
I wonder why everybody is forgetting the MISSED field Goal.  ::) Could have been a 2 point YSU win.. Just saying.  Just hope NDSU plays like YSU did with their heads up their assses  :o