Author Topic: ESPN College Game Day to broadcast from NDSU next weekend  (Read 4263 times)

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
ESPN College Game Day to broadcast from NDSU next weekend
« on: September 15, 2013, 05:44:09 AM »
Can you believe this?  This is not a joke and deserves it's own thread.

Well this just boosted their recruiting.  Maybe Strollo should invite game day to YSU.  We could talk about our storied past, all the coaches that we have produced or walked through our halls.  The famous players etc.

Then we could cap it off with our stellar record against BCS teams and show the excellent facilities we have but nothing to show for them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:45:17 AM by penguinpower »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN College Game Day to broadcast from NDSU next weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
Can you believe this?  This is not a joke and deserves it's own thread.

Well this just boosted their recruiting.  Maybe Strollo should invite game day to YSU.  We could talk about our storied past, all the coaches that we have produced or walked through our halls.  The famous players etc.

Then we could cap it off with our stellar record against BCS teams and show the excellent facilities we have but nothing to show for them.
I was stunned when I saw this...good for them.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
Best YSU can do is score ESPN 3 games so far... Sep 28th, OCT 12th and 19th.

NDSU is light years ahead of YSU even in the glory days  :-X

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »

World is different today Red.  Lot more media available today.   Bison still have some work to do to win 3 in 4 years and make 4 straight appearances in the title game. 

At that time YSU got the first round playoff game with McNair on ESPN.  That attention was unheard of at that time for a I-AA team.  Yeah I know it was mostly McNair, but they wanted YSU as the opposition.  Still one of the most fun games I went to.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »

World is different today Red.  Lot more media available today.   Bison still have some work to do to win 3 in 4 years and make 4 straight appearances in the title game. 

At that time YSU got the first round playoff game with McNair on ESPN.  That attention was unheard of at that time for a I-AA team.  Yeah I know it was mostly McNair, but they wanted YSU as the opposition.  Still one of the most fun games I went to.

ESPN was there for McNair not for YSU.. Media is way better today but YSU dosen't seem to be on top of it.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »
You guys forget that is our "glory days" ESPN really did not exist. Our first three title games were covered by NBC. Prime time. All we can get now is ESPN2 and a whisper of that audience.

Offline DiscMan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
ESPN didnt exist...in the 90's?   ESPN was founded in '79 and ESPN2 in '93.  I do agree with bigred though, YSU does not seem to be on top of the media or advertising aspects, then again you gotta have something to sell in this world.