Author Topic: Narduzzi's Personal Vendetta  (Read 6860 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Narduzzi's Personal Vendetta
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:04:13 AM »
That dude needs to get over the firing of his dad.  It happened almost 30 years ago.  I'm sick of heating about it.  We all know how much enjoyment he got as the score was running up yesterday.  He an a-hole because he is now working for one of the guys that replaced his dad's coaching staff.  Is Narduzzi that stupid that he can't think that through?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Narduzzi's Personal Vendetta
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »
There is a lot more to it than you think. There is no vendetta, but a good reason to be upset with us. He has been on our campus several times in recent years.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
please explain
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
We got Tressel and four titles... Was clearly the right move.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »
I don't agree with alot of what penguinpower says, but he's right on the money here. 30 years?? Let it go dude. Dad was a fine coach in his day but it was time to let him go, just like it was time to let Heacock go, despite what some think. If there's something else there, let's get it out in public. Otherwise, coach your team and don't gloat about beating up a 1-AA team. It isn't going to help you get a head job down the road and makes you seem small.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »
I don't agree with alot of what penguinpower says, but he's right on the money here. 30 years?? Let it go dude. Dad was a fine coach in his day but it was time to let him go, just like it was time to let Heacock go, despite what some think. If there's something else there, let's get it out in public. Otherwise, coach your team and don't gloat about beating up a 1-AA team. It isn't going to help you get a head job down the road and makes you seem small.

When Rhode Island was recruiting Andy 14 years ago, Pat was VERY pissed with YSU.  And bitter.  I don't see that ever changing.

I have heard that maybe it wasn't so much the firing as the way he was treated AFTER the firing.   And we are VERY close to it being time to let Wolfie go.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
Ok, so what is it going to take to find out what happened? Why the big secret? If you know the truth speak up!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
Pat says he will let it die when Penguinpower stops whining about all the times YSU got
screwed out of the playoffs by Patty Viverito  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:45:41 PM by nova75 »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »
Under Narduzzi, we just missed the playoffs in his third season (1977,) made it in 1978, and lost to Delaware in the 1979 D2 title game.  Then his program collapsed, winning only two games in 1980.  With a brand new stadium starting in 1982, his record over the last four years was 6-5, 4-7, 7-4, and 5-6.  Mediocrity is never acceptable, then or now.  As IP noted, the time for his dismissal had come.

As far as Lecter's comment about the family being angry about treatment after the firing, here is what I know.  Whether this is the cause of the feud, I just cannot say.  Technically, he was not fired; his contract was not renewed.  But he remained a university employee until the conclusion of that academic year.  I distinctly remember that his office was moved into that old hotel on Wick that used to house several academic departments until DeBartolo Hall was constructed.  He was moved out of Stambaugh so that Tressel could move in. Perfectly logical.  I know that caused friction.  Undoubtedly there were other issues involved.  What Pat cannot seem to grasp is that every single person involved in the dismissal of his father, from AD to president to Board of Trustees, has long since been gone from the school.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:35 PM »

When Rhode Island was recruiting Andy 14 years ago, Pat was VERY pissed with YSU.  And bitter.  I don't see that ever changing.

I have heard that maybe it wasn't so much the firing as the way he was treated AFTER the firing.   And we are VERY close to it being time to let Wolfie go.
Lecter, if he wants to be bitter towards YSU for his dad's (warranted) dismissal and subsequent treatment, that's fine. But as Wick correctly noted, those people are all gone. And gloating over a "personal" victory when you have a Big 10 defense with pro prospects that beats up a 1-AA team just looks bad. And what does jettisoning Wolford have to do with it? I wouldn't hire Narduzzi here if he'd work for free after what he's said about this place.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:35 AM »
I don't agree with it, but I understand it.  His father took YSU to a title game, and later gets fired, and a few years later dies of cancer at the age of 51.  Surely there is way more to the story.  There may have been a contractual dispute. I knew him from HS.  For his sake, I hope he doesn't carry that anger with him.

http://michiganstate.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1258611&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
My father was on the athletic committee during all of this. I am sure others are more knowledgeable than I ...and I should not say certain things that might have been shared in confidence. However many things happened to Pat Narduzzi in one short period of time in his life ...which culminated with the death of his father. So he certainly has had to deal with all of these challenges. I was at WATTS ...and he was there as well. So I think he is as much past it as he is going to be. I am sure he considers himself a "Youngstowner" ...and he is. In fact, we always talk about potential HC's ...Pat is probably more in line for something a bit larger ...but to me it would be an honor to have "another Duzzer in the house".

I don't take his words personally ...it is football game and as a coach, you need to look for something to keep your fans interested ..it is not like we are a Big-6 program that will draw huge crowds in East Lansing. Look at YSU @ OSU ...it was a sellout because Tressel played up his ties to YSU and the success we had. Half of Columbus showed up to see Tressel face his former employer. Also, the Heacock brothers were almost celebrities ...on TV every night for weeks prior to the game. I think Narduzzi is a smart man, and just doing a little bit of the same in trying to stir up a little excitement for the contest.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:50:29 AM by IAA Fan »