Author Topic: Dayton Game  (Read 58894 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Dayton Game
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:03 PM »
I was in Stambaugh Stadium for about an hour today in and around the ticket office. Steady stream of students and fans purchasing tickets and the phone lines looked to be going nonstop. Now I am not predicting a sellout, but with absolutely perfect weather and virtually no competition NCAA wise, I would expect to see around 17-18k for this opener tomorrow evening.

Whether some fans like it or not, night games are popular with a large portion of the fan base.

YSU by 24.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »
Should be a great atmosphere!!!!

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 07:20:37 AM »
This game won't even be close.  Come on Dayton fans, your just not in the same league....

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
GAME DAY

We can talk all we want, the fun of a fan board, but it is the job of the team to perform and the job of the fans to support the team.  Here is to everyone doing their job!

GO GUINS!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:29:15 AM by ScarletRook »

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
Have no fear; YSU will be up to the task (Dayton)! YSU should win handily by 20-24 points.

It should be a great evening with a lot of excitement.

GO PENGUINS!!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
Time to get our 1st win vs Dayton!! Looking for a packed house tonight under the lights. Should be a lot of fun!!

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »
Team looks bad so far., might be a loooooong season.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »
On 3rd down they go lateral to the tightend rather than horizontal... When will we see the benfits of this experienced/seasoned coaching staff and depth? 

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:39 PM »
We won't. Wolford isn't the answer.  Hopefully he is gone after this year.  I'm really thought we would smack this team but it just isn't very impressive. 

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »
We won't. Wolford isn't the answer.  Hopefully he is gone after this year.  I'm really thought we would smack this team but it just isn't very impressive.

Wolford hasn't been the problem, its been Stoops and the rest of his sh*tty defensive crew.  Im Sick of that loser getting a free pass based on his name alone and not actuall coaching abillity . all 4 losses last year we gave up at least 35 points, the year before 3 out of 5 losses we gave up 35 or more. They should have brought in a whole new group this year, i wasn't expecting a blowout because its their first game under some new systems on the OL and Mangino has some play calling say being the AHC, if the offense continues to struggle later in the year then its time to be concerned.

Plus look how long Heacock got to hang around, Wolford is here for the forseeable future, the BOT doesn't want to rotate coaches every few years
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:47:33 PM by AFGuin »

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »
You obviously aren't a real fan.  Heacock took us to the semi finals in 2006.  Winning season in 2007.  Losing seasons in 2008 & 2009. Fired.  He didn't "hang around".  The guy took us to the national semi finals in 06 and 3 years later he was gone.  That's more than we can say for wolford. 

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
You obviously aren't a real fan.  Heacock took us to the semi finals in 2006.  Winning season in 2007.  Losing seasons in 2008 & 2009. Fired.  He didn't "hang around".  The guy took us to the national semi finals in 06 and 3 years later he was gone.  That's more than we can say for wolford.

You obviously aren't a real fan. What the hell did he do from 01-05 to deserve to be the coach in 06 and 07? i find it absotluley hillarious you left out he had losing seasons in 03 and 04 including a combined 4-10 Confrence record, in 9 years he went to the playoffs twice, i call that hangining around when he should have never seen the 05 season let alone 06 or 07.  Maybe it was his outstanding 34-30 confrence record that made him so good  ::) not a real fan, lol get the hell outta here troll, nice job leaving out facts only to fit your pathetic agenda.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
I know many schemes have changed and many are scene as old.  However, with a noticeable size, speed and athleticism advantage why not have Hess under center and throw slants across the middle to any of the receivers?  It seems as though the plays are so slow to develop.... Dayton isnt providing any pressure and probably shouldnt.  I know many will use the excuse we dont want to show are SPECIAL PLAYS since its Dayton... Thats the popular excuse but the size of the crowd tells me they need to give the fans a reason to come to the game.......  WHERES THE EXCITEMENT?

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »
I know many schemes have changed and many are scene as old.  However, with a noticeable size, speed and athleticism advantage why not have Hess under center and throw slants across the middle to any of the receivers?  It seems as though the plays are so slow to develop.... Dayton isnt providing any pressure and probably shouldnt.  I know many will use the excuse we dont want to show are SPECIAL PLAYS since its Dayton... Thats the popular excuse but the size of the crowd tells me they need to give the fans a reason to come to the game.......  WHERES THE EXCITEMENT?

Bryan and Wheary aren't exactly burners at the WR spot.

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
The fact is..... We went to the semi finals.  If we fired him in 05 ( we split the conference that year) we prob wouldn't have gone to the semi finals in 06. What's your point?  You probably never played football, right?