Author Topic: Dayton Game  (Read 58895 times)

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Dayton Game
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:16 AM »
Chris Carter wasn't a speedster either but he is in the Hall of Fame.

Carter was also 6'4 and had hands of glue along with being an elite route runner, Wheary doesn't have any of those
Speed and size not a necessity to be a good receiver according to Steve Largent who was 5'11"--hopefully Hess will rebound and throw the ball to the receivers--not sure how sure-handed they are yet but I saw them open numerous times last game.

Largent has over a 15 YPC average in his career,  He had some pretty good speed, much faster then Wheary.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2013, 04:33:54 AM »
For those who feel that Dayton was a worthy opponent and that we really did not play that poorly, you might want to ponder today's results.  In the Pioneer League pre-season coaches poll, San Diego was picked first, with Butler second, and Dayton fifth.  Today, Cal Poly beat San Diego 38-16 while South Dakota State mauled Butler 55-14.  That is why some of us are worried....very worried.

and you add in NDSU and NIU got FBS wins this weekend and SIU only lost by a TD and YSU looks even worse

ValleyTalk

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »
For those who feel that Dayton was a worthy opponent and that we really did not play that poorly, you might want to ponder today's results.  In the Pioneer League pre-season coaches poll, San Diego was picked first, with Butler second, and Dayton fifth.  Today, Cal Poly beat San Diego 38-16 while South Dakota State mauled Butler 55-14.  That is why some of us are worried....very worried.

and you add in NDSU and NIU got FBS wins this weekend and SIU only lost by a TD and YSU looks even worse
Please, I beg of all YSU fans, NIU is NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY; UNI is UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA. Please get it right.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
Chris Carter wasn't a speedster either but he is in the Hall of Fame.

Carter was also 6'4 and had hands of glue along with being an elite route runner, Wheary doesn't have any of those
Speed and size not a necessity to be a good receiver according to Steve Largent who was 5'11"--hopefully Hess will rebound and throw the ball to the receivers--not sure how sure-handed they are yet but I saw them open numerous times last game.

Largent has over a 15 YPC average in his career,  He had some pretty good speed, much faster then Wheary.
Not my point @ all--speed and size NOT a necessity to be a good receiver Largent had neither yet averaged 15 YPC. Fact:Wheary is no Largent--Fact:Largent was NOT fast --pro scouts considered him much too slow even after he cut his 40 time drastically down to a 4.65--not what most would consider "pretty good speed" and not a time that will get me to believe that he was "much faster" than Wheary.