Author Topic: YSU Ad Thanks for screwing ndsu.  (Read 11276 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU Ad Thanks for screwing ndsu.
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:38 AM »
NDSU and its fans would like to offer our thanks for the Youngstown AD sticking it up our backside on the NCAA bracket seedings.

what a jerk... and patti v isnt far behind.  how in the HELL do you have your conference members and ARCH RIVALS play each other in the first round.......while  #2 EWU gets freakin Wagner.

what a joke, thanks for nothing

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU Ad Thanks for screwing ndsu.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
I was in conversation with someone at the NCAA about that very fact. The difference is that they consider the play-in round to be the first-round ...so the rules do not apply. When I asked them why the only overlap with the MVFC ..I have yet to receive a response. Although I was told location at one point.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
yea, sending wagner to washington is about location.

complete BS.

im just perturbed, that as commish shouldnt you be fighting for your conference members??   YSU Ad guy should of been too, but he doesnt have as much clout as a commissioner so i cant blame him 100% but for gods sakes,  strap on a pair of balls and pound the desk and say   "THE MVFC IS THE TOUGHEST CONF IN FCS, THE GPI SHOWS YOU THAT"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
I think that you will find that TV coverage has a lot to do with it.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
The YSU AD argued that NDSU should get a lower team and he was overruled.  There was a complete and total lack of respect for the MVFC in the smoke filled room.

I heard about it.

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »
There were members of the committee who were reluctant to even have sdsu included in the playoffs!! Our AD went to the mat in support of sdsu. No respect for our conference. Btw how is ndsu getting screwed! Could it be that you realize that sdsu is at this moment playing the best football in our conference? :-))

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
Yes any time it is the CAA, or Appy St. ...they get what they want. Has been that way for a while. Before the SoCon went down in stature, it was the Big-3 and the A-10 always getting favor. Big-3 being Furman, GSU, and ASU. It was Marshall prior to that, and not ASU.

Nothing new. Part of me wants to see SDSU get the whole thing, to prove a point about the depth of the conference. Before we brought in the Dakotas ..every member of the (then Gateway Football Conference) had been to the post season. We were the only conference to do so. Now NDSU adds another trophy from 2011. So:

SIU
EIU
YSU
WKU
NDSU

All have titles as a member of the GFC/MVFC. Of course I want #5, but as that cannot happen this year, I am rooting for all things MVFC. When you factor in how many years the conference only had 1 section ...rarely 2; this record is even more impressive.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:29:25 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »
The committee did a number on both NDSU and SDSU.  Only 21 days will have passed since they played previously.  SDSU should be playing Montana State or Eastern Washington.  This is the first time since they went to 20 teams that teams in the same conference could have matched up in the second round.  Would be interesting to know how they decided upon this.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
The CAA is a joke this year and got 3 teams.  They have no business getting 3 teams.  The dominant win that SDSU had last week is further proof of MVFC strength.  We should have had 5 teams regardless of record this year.  All 5 would pass the first round as long as they were not paried against eachother.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:25:17 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »
And Patty Viverito is a w****.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
I will accept penquin power's answer   and ill lay off the YSU AD a bit.

but if im reppin my conference, I dont leave that bracket that way, hell no.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
Ah yes, my favortite time of year. The annual whining about the MVFC not getting any respect and how bad the commissioner is.

I will however agree that the #1 seed should have gotten a better draw than SDSU. Every other bracket in the world sets up that the #1 ends up playing a low seed.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:46 AM »
I will accept penquin power's answer   and ill lay off the YSU AD a bit.

but if im reppin my conference, I dont leave that bracket that way, hell no.

Problem is that I it is likely a consensus that must be reached.  His goal may have been to try to get more teams in.  The crappy CAA got 3.  I don't see them having a sigle team in the quarterfinals.  This is a bad year for the CAA, yet they still got 3?  WTF?

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
Btw the comment made by penguin power concerning the mvc commissioner was in very poor taste even for this
board! Where is the administrator when we need him!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »
Btw the comment made by penguin power concerning the mvc commissioner was in very poor taste even for this
board! Where is the administrator when we need him!

The reason why I say it is because there is no other way that she could get that job.  She has little influence in FCS football.  She changed the name of the conference for basketball name recognition.  She has added only Western teams and shifted the center of the conference considerably West.  She indicated we would be in the playoffs in 2005 and she lied.  She IS NOT QUALIFIED and therefore must have been able to get the job by selling her body with a bag over her head.

She sucks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:42:33 PM by penguinpower »