Author Topic: YSU Ad Thanks for screwing ndsu.  (Read 11275 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU Ad Thanks for screwing ndsu.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
Btw the comment made by penguin power concerning the mvc commissioner was in very poor taste even for this
board! Where is the administrator when we need him!

I am hesitant to ban that particular word, as it has many uses that are not just a blunt insult. (Now the "sl**" word is a different story.) I guess I am showing my age, as much of our great literature makes use of that word, including Shakespeare ...but I went ahead and added it to he ban list.

"Even for this board"? This board is very , very mellow, and proper compared to most ...regardless of topic ...but especially for a sports board. We catch most things here, but remember, as we get more students (which would be great), we are going to get more "youthful" language. Most sports fans are pretty raw. I have been guilty myself.

At this point, our board is mainly loyal fans, a good number of the player-parents, and much of the staff and media keep tabs with it.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
1AA, namecalling won't change anything. I am friends with penguinpower and he is on the record for his opinion on the commish.  I applaud his passion but not the namecalling!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Be happy your in the playoffs, stop whining

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
I am not that worried about the name-calling. I have always felt that Patty V should concentrate on the Pioneer League ...and put a different person in charge of the major football conference. I think that the issue in play is a simple lack of concern for football by the MVC. It is a basketball conference.

Look what they did with basketball a few years back, they pushed so hard that the MVC ended up with 4-bids to the NCAA tourney. (I had to laugh as UWM and Butler both out-performed those 4). Yet the MVC had one bid to the wNCAA Tourney, and they made the final (SMS). (I think they did end up losing in the final to UConn).

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »
Well I disagree about the namecalling! We all know she is clueless about football calling her d that name is classless.  But your the boss and jury.  Just remember you are on record that it is okay.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
Well I disagree about the namecalling! We all know she is clueless about football calling her d that name is classless.  But your the boss and jury.  Just remember you are on record that it is okay.

True ...now we will have a group of people using that name. I think we will be alright; besides I added it to the filter. I do not condone language ...I just did not really think that was too bad. I have used that term in describing many administrators and officials ...people that seem to do anything for the $$$.