Author Topic: ILS In-Game Thread  (Read 25405 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: ILS In-Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2012, 10:13:37 PM »
I am tired of hearing about the talent when Heacock's players continue to be our stars. It has been that way for 3-years now and everyone (including the media) talk about the increase in talent. I don't see it. #25 has been playing great, but we do not use him for two weeks now. Gee a bigger back in the former Gateway Football Conference ...who ever heard of such a thing? When you lose control of the LOS on offense, you need to get out of the shotgun and shove some weight down their throats. Then you can get some openings over the middle.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:17 AM »
Fan,

I happen to disagree.  We have significantly upgraded the overall athleticism on the team.  We would have gone nowhere with the previous team.  Not enough talent, but better fundamental football players.  For me we needed better athletes while
Maintaining  the football player part.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »
Fan,

I happen to disagree.  We have significantly upgraded the overall athleticism on the team.  We would have gone nowhere with the previous team.  Not enough talent, but better fundamental football players.  For me we needed better athletes while
Maintaining  the football player part.

Great point power. I may not agree completely, but great point. Although I think that much of this can be attributed to our OC. That is, we see the improvements on offense. That is the coaching, much more than the talent. Most fans have a limited understanding of the defensive side of the ball, and do not see the failures outside of the opponent's score. This town has a good football IQ, this knowledge is rare.  We should not have to teach fundamentals as we do; there should be a certain level of competence coming into the program. Freshman starting should be the exception ...not the "norm". Then again, do we have the coaching staff that can teach these fundamentals? Heacock recruited DI players, I do not feel this staff does that. Look at how are JUCO transfers continually out-perform the rest of the squad ...this tell me that we have no fundamental recruiting ability. I will agree the number of these has diminished though ...this is a good thing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:15:48 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »
Coaching staff needs to answer for this train wreck.

I agree.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
Coaching staff needs to answer for this train wreck.

I agree.
Yep, that's the bottom line for me too. Stop blaming the players every week.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »
I agree also.

GO PENGUINS

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »
Good gracious, you posters are brutal.

And it couldn't happen to "nicer guy".

It's one thing to be a "tough" coach that exacts discipline. It's another to be boorish and disrespectful to all involved (and that includes the secretaries, ballboys and janitors).

Lots of people in and outside the program, are very, very tired...of this pompous mindset.

The $$$ in the "honeymoon/goodwill" account has been quickly and terribly spent.

Its not a good situation when 50% of your alumni want you to win a title so you'll get a bigger job, and LEAVE.......and 50% want you to go 0-11...get fired, and then LEAVE!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:31:58 PM by Pizza »