Author Topic: ILS In-Game Thread  (Read 25382 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ILS In-Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
Up 28-7 and then NOTHING.  This team and ESPECIALLY this coaching staff is not ready for the playoffs.  Sorry, I love YSU with all my heart....but in all honesty.....they're not very good and it's starts with the coaching staff and all the way down.  ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE FOOTBALL FOR THE LAST 3 QTRS TODAY.  Coach, you should be embarrassed, cuz I am for you.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
Wolford ...I told you stay in Fargo. Please come back this week to turn in your keys. You are a big mistake. Coach M, You better have a good answer as to why your offense was so pathetic or cannot take them. Of course we will get another useless speech looking for the timeless line that, like you team, never shows up.

Can you believe our defense kept us in this game for 3-drives? Nice job ...but a bit too late.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »
Woolford gave some BS excuse on the radio.  Hey Coach, this game is all on YOU and the staff.  You guys absolutely STINK.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »
GAME OVER!!!!!!

It was over with 5:43 left in the second-quarter ...it just that someone forgot to tell Wolford and Montgomery.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
I miss Youngstown football. This team belongs in California or something.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
I have a couple words for you...... 24 hour rule........!  What a joke........ I thought Wolford surrounded himself with talented coaches but im afraid their underachievers with resumes because of WHO they knew and NOT what they knew...........  There is a reason their at YSU with FCS experience... The sad thing is they are OVERPAID too..................
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:19:29 PM by goodnews »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Woolford gave some BS excuse on the radio.  Hey Coach, this game is all on YOU and the staff.  You guys absolutely STINK.

We were totally out coached today. We played not to lose when we were up by 21. The last drive at the end of 1st half killed us. We did not make any adjustments on offense in hoping the 21 points lead would be enough. I am not surprise that we gave up 35 points. I am shocked that we could not score a single point in the second half. 

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
I have to say.....to those who say don't bail out on this team......as the weeks go by they give you nothing to cheer for.  I had high hopes this season, but here we go again.  I feel like this is year 1 with Eric Wolford. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
I have been watching YSU football since 1966. This game was probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, collapse in my memory. After the first 4 TDs, there were no emotion on the offense as if they had already won the game. Where was the leadership? We refused to put pressure on the QB who continuously picked our DB & safeties apart. You would have thought that, after 2 consecutive games, we would be ready for the option pass?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
No rush on the QB, No linebacker help!  No stoppage for trick plays and no secondary help=No play-offs. I drove all the way from Colorado to see the Northern Iowa game, and told my girl at the end of the game, they still do no have a defense good enough to win this league let alone make the play-offs.  This is disappointing.  Expect 6-5 or 5-6 again!

Offline castoff

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
@Double Et:  I remember a Div II playoff game at Fitch between YSU and Delaware in 78.  Think we were leading 35-6 at the half and lost the game.  Remember the game very well because I drove up from Hazleton, Pa to see it.

Offline castoff

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
I just want to add how disappointed I am.  I had high hopes for this season and it appears it's going down the drain.  I've given this guy three years.  There is no excuse for what happened today.  I saw no adjustments in the offense and I've been disappointed forever in the defense.  I'm ready for a change!

Offline Penforlife

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »
We stunk up the joint in the second half. We have talent on this team but it is not in the coaching staff. Coach W is in way over his head and its starting to show. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of has beens who were totally outcoached in the second half. We deserve better, the team deserves better.   

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
@Double Et:  I remember a Div II playoff game at Fitch between YSU and Delaware in 78.  Think we were leading 35-6 at the half and lost the game.  Remember the game very well because I drove up from Hazleton, Pa to see it.
Yes. I was at that game. I forgot about that. At least we were scoring on every possession (so were they). It came down to who had that ball last. They did and we lost.

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Coaching staff needs to answer for this train wreck.