Author Topic: Bo's debut at LSU  (Read 17132 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bo's debut at LSU
« on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:33 PM »
Bo's defense did not play well.  over 600 yards passing.  kids must have lost focus

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bo's debut at LSU
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
Bo's defense did not play well.  over 600 yards pa$$ing.  kids must have lost focus
I texted the same thing to my son when the game was over.
The Bo defense couldn’t stop the crossing routes and side line routes (with our #7 at the corner) at YSU. His defense did the same thing at LSU yesterday. Giving up 620 passing yards... are you kidding me..

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
He took D'Alesio. Enough said

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 06:59:56 PM »
Coach O is a defensive minded coach. He will not be happy if that is how LSU's defense plays the rest of the year.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 11:45:03 PM »
LSU got what they deserved.  They hired a "name" and were so arrogant that they probably never looked at the state of the YSU defense over the past three years. Any school that could perform "due diligence" would not have touched Pelini.

Offline YSU45

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 06:26:18 AM »
Mike Leach's offense is going to do that to a lot of Teams this season..

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 08:12:17 AM »
Wick you nailed it.  Had LSU really looked at what was happening at YSU they would have seen how bad his defenses were here.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
Bo just turned in another masterpiece.  Previously winless Missouri beat LSU, 45-41. Missouri gained 585 yards of total offense.  They have a freshman quarterback.  They had three receivers out with the virus. Our program could not have endured another year of Pelini.  Thank you LSU.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 07:31:03 PM »
Bo just turned in another masterpiece.  Previously winless Missouri beat LSU, 45-41. Missouri gained 585 yards of total offense.  They have a freshman quarterback.  They had three receivers out with the virus. Our program could not have endured another year of Pelini.  Thank you LSU.
LSU might have to buy out remaining of his contract after this season (similar to Nebraska).He might also have to take #8 with him to the next job.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 07:54:14 PM »
LSU might have to buy out remaining of his contract after this season (similar to Nebraska).He might also have to take #8 with him to the next job.
In the post game interview, LSU HC summarized the defense in one word, “embarrassing “. He stated that “it will be fixed”.
Can Bo last till the end of the season? Or will he bench the starters...

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »
Not gonna get fixed.  The highlights I saw the secondary was non-existent. Receivers running untouched the whole game.  Blown coverages and no pass rush. Who is their quality control on defense? You would've thought he was out there. Oh and its on tape for all the SEC to game plan.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 08:32:19 AM »
LSU has all of the symptoms of a coaching staff with D'Alesio-the worst DB on the field and the worst DB coach in YSU history.  Good for you Bo, I  am glad you took him.  At least he isn't here anymore.  Receivers were open everywhere.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
Pelini did irreparable harm to the program. Set it back years. A miserable, failed experiment involving a miserable man who was an embarrassment to the program, the university and the City of Youngstown.  Whomever thought that it was a good idea to bring him aboard (and keep him) should be ashamed. What an unmitigated disaster.
Joe Cool

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 03:18:30 PM »
Well said

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 01:36:31 PM »
I have to agree, but he had the stats, along with a run to the title game; so people were happy with him. Most people are not overly-educated in football. They look at the results. I was most-disappointed in the lack of program building under Pelini. It seemed like we were running out to fill holes far too often. I mean, you know that you are going to lose two incredible DE's. You know that your OC is perfect for this league. what the heck? Although if two people do not get along, I guess it is what it is. However, you should have enough of a football mind to go out and look at his TB's during his tenure and keep it going. I also did not like how we recruited DL's and took the leftover's for OL. We ended up keeping the same players on the O-line.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:38:36 PM by IAA Fan »