Author Topic: Bo's debut at LSU  (Read 17172 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bo's debut at LSU
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »
LSU on the road as a 22 point dog beats 6 ranked Florida.  I guess no buyout lol!  I’m not a Bo fan but don’t think he will be let go this year.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2020, 10:32:53 PM »
Orgeron making changes.  Bo is getting bounced. Ha!!!!

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 07:14:47 AM »
Yep, Bo is fired!  Hahaha, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
LSU football parts ways with defensive coordinator Bo Pelini after one season

Bo Pelini will not return for another season as LSU's defensive coordinator, the school announced.

Pelini, a former head coach at Youngstown State and Nebraska, was brought on to coach LSU's defense in January but ultimately failed to live up to expectations, as the Tigers ranked next-to-last in the SEC in yards allowed per game.

In a statement released by LSU on Monday, Pelini said he and head coach Ed Orgeron "mutually decided it's best'' to part ways.

"I am grateful to call Coach O a friend and I am thankful for the opportunity to come back to LSU, but I have decided to move on in my coaching career,'' Pelini added.

Pelini had two years remaining on his contract. The school said in the statement that the parties agreed to a financial settlement.

No. 44-ranked LB Davis decommits from LSU
More changes are expected to occur on the LSU coaching staff throughout the offseason, a source told ESPN.

LSU failed to recapture the magic of last season, when it went undefeated and won a national championship. The Tigers lost their opening game to Mississippi State and needed back-to-back wins to finish the regular season 5-5.

LSU also allowed 650 total yards in a 55-17 loss to rival Alabama on Dec. 5.

However, the defense showed improvement in four of the last five games, three of which LSU won. The Tigers' defense allowed only one touchdown in a loss at Texas A&M and created six turnovers in a victory over Mississippi last weekend.

"I was proud of how hard our team competed down stretch, the way our young guys stepped up and were developing and the overall direction we were headed,'' Pelini said.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:30 AM »
This is reported in the local newspaper today:

Pelini on the move?

LOCAL SPORTS
DEC 22, 2020

The Associated Press

LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini is leaving the program after one difficult season in which the Tigers allowed six opponents to gain more than 500 yards, a person familiar with the situation said. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Monday because the terms of Pelini’s departure were not final and had not been announced.

Pelini, who was hired after Dave Aranda left the Tigers to become Baylor’s head coach, signed a four-year contract with LSU worth more than $9 million. He would still be owed nearly $7 million, but could agree to a buyout for less than that as coaches routinely do.

Pelini was in his second stint as defensive coordinator at LSU, having served in the same capacity under Les Miles when the Tigers won a national title in 2007. Pelini left LSU to become Nebraska’s head coach in 2008 and was Youngstown State’s head coach for five season before returning to LSU.

This year, he inherited a defense decimated by the 2020 NFL draft and subsequent opt-outs because of the COVID-19 pandemic. LSU was forced to play numerous freshmen and other players with relatively little experience, and coverage busts were frequent.

LSU allowed five foes to score more than 40 points, starting with a season-opening, 44-34 loss to Mississippi State in which the Bulldogs passed for 623 yards. LSU allowed 650 total yards in a 55-17 loss to rival Alabama on Dec. 5.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »
LSU says bye to Pelini.  He got a sweet severance package.  Now he can retire on the beach.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:25:30 PM by YSU1 »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2020, 01:39:54 PM »
LSU says bye to Pelini.  He got a sweet severance package.  Now he can retire on the beach.

Or go to Akron to build more years into his state of Ohio retirement pension.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »
Is his sidekick done also?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne