Author Topic: West Virginia  (Read 27095 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
West Virginia
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:16:11 PM »
Do we keep them under 60 ?

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »
No! even if they are focused

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 12:59:43 AM »
The only thing we can hope for is WVU overlooking us after our loss and their win. And our team kicking it into gear after the loss. And... Even then, probably won't be that close. Hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised. Is it gonna be on any local channel? I know it will be on att sports net Pittsburgh

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »
I have only seen AT&T Sports Net.  Any other channels?
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »
I have only seen AT&T Sports Net.  Any other channels?
Last time we played WV, the game was carried live on Roots (sports channel out of Pittsburgh). I watched the game on that network in Pittsburgh.

Roots channel is now on Spectrum (Time Warner) cable TV network in Trumbull County. However, I don't know if they will carry the game this year.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »
The tone was set game one. We hired Pelini to change the culture and stop the melt downs that
Wolford coached teams had late in the year. We had our meltdown early lost a game we needed to get to the coveted 7-8 wins needed to make the playoffs.  Going 0-2 is going to happen and playing WV close for 2 or 3 quarters means squat. It starts at the top no more excuses.  No playoffs show Pelini the door.

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 11:10:42 PM »
Kids still struggling with losing to Butler... Gonna get crushed.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
Their QB is Heisman candidate they will let him play enough to put up big numbers to up his averages.  That should not take long.  Based on last week's performance that should not take more than a half.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »
The tone was set game one. We hired Pelini to change the culture and stop the melt downs that
Wolford coached teams had late in the year. We had our meltdown early lost a game we needed to get to the coveted 7-8 wins needed to make the playoffs.  Going 0-2 is going to happen and playing WV close for 2 or 3 quarters means squat. It starts at the top no more excuses.  No playoffs show Pelini the door.
  Really felt uncomfortable when Carl and Shane both left the program around the same time, felt both added stability to the program. In some cases there's nothing wrong to promote from within but how hard did Pelini search and was this just a quick fix? After watching the Butler game there are many player personnel issues on both sides of the ball and on special teams. In some cases Butler was just more talented at certain positions. As far as Wolf man goes he was 31-26 in five seasons. Pelini is 23-16 and could end up around the .500 mark by the time it's all said and done!!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
It is disturbing that they were out coached and out played by a non scholarship school.
Head coach of Butler is a guy by the name of Voris.  Overall record is 39-55.  I know in the past they have had some difficulty with D2 and non scholarship schools but they never lost.  This is not good for the program or fan interest.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:32:52 PM by YSU1 »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »
West Virginia is going to hang 60+ on us.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 03:25:44 PM »
Bo gotta go.
Joe Cool

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 04:35:29 PM »
West Virginia is going to hang 60+ on us.

No doubt.  After we played them well several years ago...they will want to show that they are for real this year and want to let Greer get his stats up...This team will have to make one hell of a turn around for me to have any faith in the coaching staff. 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
For anyone else like me that doesn't have att sports net, and or streams, if you want to watch the game, it will be available on Roku or apple tv.

"The stream will be available on WVUsports.com and the WVU Gameday App. Additionally, fans will be able to tune in live via Roku and Apple TV by searching for the “MountaineerTV” channel on each device.

For fans inside the viewing area, the AT&T SportsNet Channel Finder and Territory Map can be found on pittsburgh-attsn.att.com. The online stream will be blacked out inside the AT&T SportsNet viewing area."

Now... I am outside the viewing area (viewing area encompasses the entire state of WV and the Pittsburgh attsn territory which I again am not in). But, if I was, and for any of you who are and don't have attsn (streamers), then simply use a VPN and make your IP look like it's in a different part of the US. Nord VPN is great and super cheap. Got a 3 year subscription for $99

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
The game is on Armstrong 179 (HD) or 33.  Not sure about other suppliers.  It is the same network that carries the Pirates games.