Author Topic: ISU In-Game Thread  (Read 23122 times)

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ISU In-Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »
I actually hope we lose this game. Put some pressure on Bo to make some changes.

Really, you actually would hope for YSU to lose, unreal!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »
I actually hope we lose this game. Put some pressure on Bo to make some changes.

Really, you actually would hope for YSU to lose, unreal!

Coaching staff needs a wake up call.

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Went into the Dakota forum after their loss yesterday and was shocked to see the posts concerning their team and the QB they refer to as stick. In one game Stick has gone from the great and powerful OZ to a worthless pile of crap. Took a few losses for a few of our fans to turn into the sky is falling knuckle heads also. Living hear in Cbus OSU fans can turn quickly also. Probably natural, but never heard a true fan actually hoping for a loss. Can just see him stamping his feet as he typed that!! My wife can get pretty emotional at times, but she can keep things in perspective. Need to think before typing the tantrums, these are still kids at the end of the day that do take a peek here from time to time. Have been attending games since we played at Rayen and seen many ups and downs. Things will get better. WE ARE YSU!

GOOO GUINS!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »
I have yet to see a QB "get better" under Montgomery.
?? Hess, Wells, Davis, Mays ?? I am not sure there has been one that has not, outside of a slide by Wells where he no longer fit the offensive style. I might add that he returned in stellar-fashion to take us to a title game playing his style of ball. The most impressive thing with coach Shane at the OC is the depth at QB & his ability to press someone into our offensive mold. How impressive was it when coach M came down from the booth and quickly changed our game plan to more of a scout team vanilla O & then gradually increased the # of plays and watch Mays come back to beat UNI? These are things that I remember and take pride in. Mays' continued progression this year has been more than solid. He is the starter of this team next year unless he is unseated.

Look I understand if you want a more exciting offense, but you see what toll it takes on our defense. You cannot advance in the post-season unless you can win a 10-7 game

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2017, 01:19:08 PM »
Went into the Dakota forum after their loss yesterday and was shocked to see the posts concerning their team and the QB they refer to as stick. In one game Stick has gone from the great and powerful OZ to a worthless pile of crap. Took a few losses for a few of our fans to turn into the sky is falling knuckle heads also. Living hear in Cbus OSU fans can turn quickly also. Probably natural, but never heard a true fan actually hoping for a loss. Can just see him stamping his feet as he typed that!! My wife can get pretty emotional at times, but she can keep things in perspective. Need to think before typing the tantrums, these are still kids at the end of the day that do take a peek here from time to time. Have been attending games since we played at Rayen and seen many ups and downs. Things will get better. WE ARE YSU!

GOOO GUINS!!!!

Lol they refer to him as Stick because that’s his name:  Easton Stick.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
If Mays is our future we will be in a hell of a lot of trouble.  He is a very poor mans version of Jeff Ryan.  The kid needs to gain 15 lbs and get an arm and he has no vision of the field.   He is a back up at the fcs level.  He didn’t learn anything from watching Davis on getting rid of the ball instead of taking hit after hit and running at every  opportunity.  This level of play the opponent will take you out and beat on you. So now we  have basically killed 3
Qb’s in 2 years.  It’s fairly obvious that Wolford was the brains on the o line and Bricillo or whatever his name needs to be let go. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
Let's see our "running" qb passes for over 300 yards and we score over 60 points, another bad day for Monty I guess.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
Indy St. defense was horrible they had given up 212 it’s the previous 4 games.  So explain to me how this makes Monty a genius. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »
Let's see our "running" qb passes for over 300 yards and we score over 60 points, another bad day for Monty I guess.

Yeah and how many did he throw for last week? Come on guinpen, you know ISUb this year is not a a defense to measure any type of offensive success against

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 07:03:22 AM »
Indiana St. came into this game ranked 217th in the country. Southern and Missouri St. come in a little better at 140 and 170. All three are bottom feeders in this conference and rank right up there with C.C.St. and Robert Morris. Our quarterbacks and offense should excell at a high level in these games. It's what you do outside of these games that matter

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:11:17 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »
Indy St. defense was horrible they had given up 212 it’s the previous 4 games.  So explain to me how this makes Monty a genius.

You are correct, it does not. However, that same thing is said for the QB play itself. Who knows what will result of a Davis vs. Mays, if they did not play against the same team? What Davis' performance does say about Montgomery is that he is detailed and well-prepared.

Look at the 5 or 6 times that ISU dlines or secondary adjusted. The result was they sacked Davis, just as ILS sacked Mays. Again I am not saying that Mays will be our future, I am saying he has earned his chance.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Here is my thought.  I think Ricky Davis is the most athletic of all our current QB's, running, throwing, size. Has not developed into a QB like Hunter who can read defenses and check down to secondary receivers, same with Nathan Mays. Is it coaching or lack of ability, I don't know.  One thing I see is that our play calling didn't help either Ricky or Nathan until this past week with quick short throws when they blitz etc to take the heat off the inexperienced QB's.  All teams now load the box on early downs against the run and blitz on obvious passing downs. Finally we had a bit of an answer to help; I understand against a weaker team.

On defense I think we are small and that has taken its toll on the linebackers and db's.  Much of the run game tackles are not by the d line and our smaller back end people have been beat up.  Now they are gun shy in my opinion.  I think we have put too much pressure on the smaller safetys and corners to stop larger running backs and it has taken its toll.  We need larger linebackers and safetys to handle this increased load with the d line not involved that much in stopping the run.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »
Sycamores have 52 freshman on that team.  Let's face it they are a JV team.

Driving back to Cleveland so I stopped at Quaker Steak and Lube on 46 to watch the game. Not one tv had the YSU game on.  They were nice enough to change a tv at the back bar so I could watch.  Interest is not there.  The Sycamores drew a crowd of maybe 1000 people for the game.  That is like Division 2.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »

Yeah and how many did he throw for last week? Come on guinpen, you know ISUb this year is not a a defense to measure any type of offensive success against

I was making a point, I get tired of the Monty bashing all the time. If he can get hammered when we lose he should get kudos when we win. Pretty simple.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »

I was making a point, I get tired of the Monty bashing all the time. If he can get hammered when we lose he should get kudos when we win. Pretty simple.

Not when you play a D2 football team.