Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 79953 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
I think you are spot on with DE on defense. Although I may not think it is the biggest issue on the whole the team, it seems to be the way Carl ran his defense last year. (I just think it is too risky of a style to constantly bring pressure. Again note the late 2nd quarter adjustments by WVa last year). Just as the TB is the way that Shane runs the offense and the biggest whole to fill for me. Neither of us are wrong (or right) here.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
http://valley-football.org/sports/2017/6/20/FB_0620173000.aspx Bo discussed the Quarterback situation heading into camp in this most recent conference call and made know mention of Hosick

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »
I think you are spot on with DE on defense. Although I may not think it is the biggest issue on the whole the team, it seems to be the way Carl ran his defense last year. (I just think it is too risky of a style to constantly bring pressure. Again note the late 2nd quarter adjustments by WVa last year). Just as the TB is the way that Shane runs the offense and the biggest whole to fill for me. Neither of us are wrong (or right) here.
I see two proven TB's returning and I think all the DE's back have a combined total of 2 assists in their combined college careers.  You may think TB, but as I see it, it's all about DE's.  In the day of the spread, D is ALL ABOUT QB pressure.  The problem is, if you have to blitz to get pressure, you really put a unproven DB to the test.  Last year we got pressure from Rivers and Moss, this year, looks like Armond and Lee will be counted on heavily
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/07/28/pitt-jordan-whitehead-suspension-rori-blair-dismissal-alex-bookser-quintin-wiggins/stories/201707280149  Several Pitt players will be suspended for the YSU game..Looking at their depth chart they were very young and inexperienced across the board before these suspensions were handed down..Should be interesting!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:34:19 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 05:52:22 PM »
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/07/28/pitt-jordan-whitehead-suspension-rori-blair-dismissal-alex-bookser-quintin-wiggins/stories/201707280149  Several Pitt players will be suspended for the YSU game..Looking at their depth chart they were very young and inexperienced across the board before these suspensions were handed down..Should be interesting!!
The dismissed player is a Senior DE.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »
Whitehead is one of their best players. Big loss.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »
Wondering.....any interest from Bo?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »

Whitehead was suspended, not dismissed.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 02:31:55 PM »

According to the newspaper, DE Rori Blair was dismissed. Whitehead was a safety and he was suspended.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »

According to the newspaper, DE Rori Blair was dismissed. Whitehead was a safety and he was suspended.

Yes, correct. Blair has failed multiple drug tests.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »
Keep him away from YSU.

Yes, correct. Blair has failed multiple drug tests.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »
I think we may have a RePitt of 2012  ;)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »
Pitt has to replace three starters in the secondary from a year ago with Whitehead being suspended you can make it four. The DE and LB were both expected to start and Narduzzi kicked his starting DT off the team in the spring. I really liked the match up with our offense against their defense going in before all of this news broke..I'm kind of getting a chuckle with some of the media out of Pittsburgh saying this will only affect them for the Penn St. and Oklahoma St. games☺
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:40:09 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

DefendYoungstown

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
Let them overlook us. They did the last two times as well. It's to our advantage.

That being said, ESPN Week 1 matchup predictor gives Pitt at 90% chance of winning (prior to suspensions).
http://thespun.com/news/espns-fpi-predicts-week-one-of-the-2017-college-football-season

Hero Sports list YSU vs. Pitt as one of their '5 Most Winnable Games (For FCS Teams)' of Week 1:
http://herosports.com/fcs-football/fcs-vs-fbs-upsets-2017-bzbz

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »
Does any body if this game will be carried live on either local or cable TV . Last year's YSU-WV game was carried on Cable Channel Root TV.