Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 79893 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Pitt Game
« on: July 22, 2017, 12:11:55 AM »
Did I see where YSU fans are sitting in section 518 for Heinz Field? Anyone get their tickets?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:55:07 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
Terrible seats

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »
I got 4 seats in section 110 lower level on the very top row YSU sideline about 40 yardline

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:27:33 PM »
There will be no shortage of good seats on stub hub. The closer we get they should start showing up.

Online Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:12 PM »
2 years ago people were giving them away in the parking lots for free. Pretty much can sit anywhere

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
Two years ago on Stubhub. got two seats for $15 each (plus fees), lower bowl on the YSU sideline around the 25 yard line.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »
Really hard to say what kind of a crowd might show up for this game. The game two years ago was just brutally hot and kept some fans away, but with both teams coming off great seasons you never know with a nice fall day

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
Really hard to say what kind of a crowd might show up for this game. The game two years ago was just brutally hot and kept some fans away, but with both teams coming off great seasons you never know with a nice fall day
Last season's performances is a good point about an increased crowd against Pitt, but, although is was BLISTERING in the sun the last time down there, I'm not sure that affected the crowd that much.  I didn't expect it, so I never considered it, I bet a lot of people were the same as me?
I was laughing during the Wofford game, that although we call it the "Ice Castle" I've worn shorts more times than jeans over the last 10 years.  Then I remembered, we haven't plated into December for a hell of a long time!  I'll take the early heat in Pitt for the money, so we have the facilities etc. to draw the kids to play in the cold of December!
Can't wait to get started.  Soon 1AA is going to be telling me how great Mays looks and how great Davis looks and how great Larry, Curly and Mo look at DE.  Looking forward to it!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:44 AM »
Pitt didn't have a "great" season. They beat Penn State and Clemson, but I guess you could call it great for their standards. They are a mediocre program. Always will be. The only time they fill up Heinz is when Penn State will come to play and thats because half the fans are wearing blue and white! Sad... Like most said, wait and get your tickets cheap closer to the game. Plenty of seats available.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 11:00:15 AM »
Depending on how many tickets that you want to buy. Right now section 112 (for 3 or less) and section 107 (groups of 3 or more) are you best values. Under $20 & under $15 respectively. Specific to Heinz, the three things that are big for me are access to the steps, shelter and no Steelers. So I usually buy isle seats at the bottom of the upper deck. If I am not worrying about covering, then I go back rows in the lower section. Easier access to beer, peanuts and restrooms. My bladder turned 50.  :)

DefendYoungstown

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
Student Tickets; Fan Bus Trip Available For YSU at Pittsburgh Game (YSUSports.com):

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/ysu-at-pittsburgh-details

Ranking the Toughest Games on Pittsburgh’s College Football Schedule in 2017 (Anthalon)

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-toughest-games-pittsburghs-college-football-schedule-2017

Synopsis: They rank the YSU game as the easiest on Pitt's 2017 schedule.

"Former Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini brought the once proud Penguins back into FCS title contention, leading Youngstown all the way to the national title game in 2016. But Pelini’s crew suffered significant losses and this game should be an easy victory for the Panthers."

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »

Can't wait to get started.  Soon 1AA is going to be telling me how great Mays looks and how great Davis looks and how great Larry, Curly and Mo look at DE.  Looking forward to it!

I think you meant to say Mays and Wells. Although I like Davis and Hosick. I cannot wait either. What a short off-season this has been?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 01:45:54 PM »

I think you meant to say Mays and Wells. Although I like Davis and Hosick. I cannot wait either. What a short off-season this has been?
You hate Wells.  I don't recall you ever saying anything positive about his performance.  You LOVE Mays and Davis and I'm not sure about Hosick except his isn't Hunter.  What about my L C and Mo dig at DE?  Do you have a favorite (obviously Justus Reed has to be a HEAVY favorite for one side) for playing time?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 07:53:59 AM »
Nah. Wells was clearly the answer. I think that you confuse me with your buddy "Nation". I disliked the entire move to a more mobile QB in coach M's system ...so I could not have disliked him. I like Mays because he is a bit taller and more mobile ...but the same QB as Hunter. He is my clear #2, but a coach may not see it that way. Hosick is still out as I understand he cannot play until September at the earliest, but that was an old report. If there was going to be another drastic QB style change, then Mays probably makes no sense at #2.

I am not sure at DE, until I see them play, but the transfer confuses me. Not sure if it was just an opportunity to grab someone, or does coach Carl not like what he has? Then again we are short. Returning on paper, it would be Bynum and Pappadakas. I am going up to spend a couple of days next week. Taking vacation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:14:23 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »
Nah. Wells was clearly the answer. I think that you confuse me with your buddy "Nation". I disliked the entire move to a more mobile QB in coach M's system ...so I could not have disliked him. I like Mays because he is a bit taller and more mobile ...but the same QB as Hunter. He is my clear #2, but a coach may not see it that way. Hosick is still out as I understand he cannot play until September at the earliest, but that was an old report. If there was going to be another drastic QB style change, then Mays probably makes no sense at #2.

I am not sure at DE, until I see them play, but the transfer confuses me. Not sure if it was just an opportunity to grab someone, or does coach Carl not like what he has? Then again we are short. Returning on paper, it would be Bynum and Pappadakas. I am going up to spend a couple of days next week. Taking vacation.
Mays is a bit taller than who, me?
Nathan Mays   QB   So.   6-3   210
Hunter Wells   QB   Sr.   6-5   215
Pelini clearly knows the cubboard is bare at DE.  They recruited several who look like the will grow into 1AA players, but the "grow" part takes time. 
As I noted earlier, Bynum and Pappadakas have a combined 4 years in college and a combined -0- total tackles. At least Chapman has been on a field before.  Still looks like HUGE hole to me. DE's are going to make Dellovade and Wright All-Americans because they are going to have to make 100 tackles each. 
I suspect one of the TE's who played TE & DE in HS might get moved to DE, even with Reed.  I think Reed wanted playing time and wasn't going to get it in FL and we got our guys exposed and drafted.  He probably has dreams....