Author Topic: Kids who sent in their loi  (Read 29709 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Kids who sent in their loi
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »
Chris Durkin wonder "IF" he get a look at QB?

Played quarterback for Ursuline...an Offense-Defense All-America Game selection…threw for more than 500 yards and rushed for more than 500 yards despite battling turf toe part of his senior season in 2013…passed for 887 yards and six touchdowns and ran for 722 yards and seven scores as a junior in 2012…listed as the No. 16 pro-style quarterback in the nation and the No. 20 prospect in Ohio by Rivals...ranked as the No. 19 pro-style quarterback in the country and the No. 15 player in his state by 247Sports...coach was Larry Kempe…graduated in 2014.

No don't think so. He's going to stay at TE.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
"At MLB you have AD and then Parks
At Will you have Wright and Newell
At Buck you have Posey and Pollock"

We'll see.  I don't see Posey or Parks anything beyond special teams and I don't ever count on anybody with concussion problems, IE QB Davis and LB Pollock.  I wouldn't count on anything from either of them.

Posey and Parks have seen live action. Pollock has had 1 concussion or would have played this past season.
Your LB's haven't left home yet but your counting out kids who are already there and know the system.
Tells me all I need to know about you and your football IQ

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »

We'll see.  I don't see Posey or Parks anything beyond special teams and I don't ever count on anybody with concussion problems, IE QB Davis and LB Pollock.  I wouldn't count on anything from either of them.

Posey and Parks have seen live action. Pollock has had 1 concussion or would have played this past season.
Your LB's haven't left home yet but your counting out kids who are already there and know the system.
And Tevin and Joe faced what, dead players?  You are some kind of arrogant ass, not worthy of my time.
Screw you and the so-so linebackers your road in on.

Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 11:50:47 AM »

And Tevin and Joe faced what, dead players?  You are some kind of arrogant a$$, not worthy of my time.

Relax.. Ice and I are just saying that we have much much more depth at LB than RB. We have 2 kids coming back to run the ball who saw live action in a football game. 6 LB's saw action last year.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »

And Tevin and Joe faced what, dead players?  You are some kind of arrogant a$$, not worthy of my time.

Not being arrogant just stating facts.
Alessi played in one game and you have him as the 2nd RB and he maybe in the spring but I don't think so come fall. Also we used more than 2 backs last year but only 5 linebackers

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
Chief,
"Relax.. Ice and I are just saying that we have much much more depth at LB than RB. We have 2 kids coming back to run the ball who saw live action in a football game. 6 LB's saw action last year."

Two things, first that is NOT what ice said, he said "Tells me all I need to know about you and your football IQ"
I take offense to that, so no, I don't relax when dissed.
Second.  We have 6 LB's who saw action, but only 2 of three meaningful time, while we have 2 RBs back only 1 of which saw meaningful time.  I simply don't see how you see one position as better prepared than the other. 
One thing for sure, the DE and DB weaknesses will put added pressure on the LBs where the veteran QB and OL will offer greater support for the RBs. 
And a third thing (I know I only mentioned 2) this concussion thing is a very much developing story in football and a season ending concussion for Davis and Pollock is cause for concern. Plus you don't know HS records etc.  I stand by my statement of not counting on players with serious concussion histories.  Go ahead; tell me I'm crazy on that.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »

Not being arrogant just stating facts.
Alessi played in one game and you have him as the 2nd RB and he maybe in the spring but I don't think so come fall. Also we used more than 2 backs last year but only 5 linebackers
Read a couple posts on a blog and you know all you need about me and my FB IQ, isn't arrogant, but just stating facts!  You are even more arrogant than I thought!
Everybody has players on the field.  Some are LBs some RBs, some make plays and some don't.  We have 2 returning LBs who made meaningful contributions to the team.  2/3 of what you need to even start a game.  We have 1 returning RB make a meaningful contribution, which is all you need to start the game.  And you think your 2/3'rd of a starting lineup is far superior to the RB situation and I simply disagree with what I see as your limited ability to reason.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »
Did you watch the defense at all last year. They played with 2 linebackers on the field more times than they had 3. So they will be fine

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
Waiting on the JUCO and west coast guys now.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
Durkin is also playing some LB and he didn't come here with limited years to sit on the bench.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
Did you watch the defense at all last year. They played with 2 linebackers on the field more times than they had 3. So they will be fine
And they did that because they wanted to, or because they didn't have anybody that they had confidence in?  Watch some of the later games and playoffs and you will see they had Derek Rivers droping in coverage because they didn't have anybody else to play LB. 
I'm not interested in being "fine".  I'm interested in being "great".  I'm interested in making plays behind the two biggest holes we've ever had at YSU with the DEs gone, and I don't see the playmakers on the field from 2016, simple as that. I hope you are right, but we'll see. 

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
And they did that because they wanted to, or because they didn't have anybody that they had confidence in?  Watch some of the later games and playoffs and you will see they had Derek Rivers droping in coverage because they didn't have anybody else to play LB. 
I'm not interested in being "fine".  I'm interested in being "great".  I'm interested in making plays behind the two biggest holes we've ever had at YSU with the DEs gone, and I don't see the playmakers on the field from 2016, simple as that. I hope you are right, but we'll see.

They did that because that's what the defense called for when they were playing teams that threw more than they ran. Had zero to do with having confidence in the players

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »

That is not true. They did that to get him to expand his skill set and comfortable and used to it for the NFL because he's going to be a 3-4 OLB at the next level.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

you define the word football stupid. you know most NFL teams play in 2 linebacker sets these days right? its the trend of football

my god your parents should be ashamed for raising someone so uneducated.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 12:49:19 PM »
Tyler Sims, a 6-2, 220 LB from Highland CC in Kansas has signed.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5420777/57ea95b5f61708961c1ebda8