Author Topic: Kids who sent in their loi  (Read 29419 times)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Kids who sent in their loi
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »
Zach Hauschild. Florida

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Braxton Chapman from Farrell
my vote for 2017 Freshman of the year.

On what side of the ball
we recruited him as a LB, but need him as a RB.  I'll go with whichever side he plays.

He was recruited and will play RB.

I also heard that he will play RB

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
Braxton Chapman from Farrell
my vote for 2017 Freshman of the year.

On what side of the ball
we recruited him as a LB, but need him as a RB.  I'll go with whichever side he plays.

He was recruited and will play RB.
Not according to 247 Sports

Outside Linebacker (2)
Braxton Chapman
Braxton Chapman
Farrell (Farrell, PA)
OLB6-1195 0.7798
NA 173 52
Youngstown State
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »
Ice, WTF are you doing, sitting on top of the YSU fax machine?  Please get off, that is sensitive equipment!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41:36 AM »
That's fine and dandy from 247 sports but he is going to play RB lol. He can surely play LB but we have depth there and need him at RB where he is more comfortable and excels.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
Love getting Melvin Jackson from St. Edward and Ray Anderson from Mooney. Great athletes.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »
Ice, WTF are you doing, sitting on top of the YSU fax machine?  Please get off, that is sensitive equipment!

Lol. I sneak into Bo's office when he's not looking

Also Braxton will play RB
Unless 247 is the new HC

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »

Unless 247 is the new HC
Maybe, we'll see.  I do disagree with Chief in that we have more depth at LB than RB.  I think DB and DE biggest needs obviously, but LB group is 2 deep in proven players. AD and LW and some blind optimism.  We've had far worse featured RB's over the years than Tevin and everything we've seen from Alessi, while not much, has been good.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »

Unless 247 is the new HC
Maybe, we'll see.  I do disagree with Chief in that we have more depth at LB than RB.  I think DB and DE biggest needs obviously, but LB group is 2 deep in proven players. AD and LW and some blind optimism.  We've had far worse featured RB's over the years than Tevin and everything we've seen from Alessi, while not much, has been good.

Pollock, Wright, Dellovade, Parks, Randall-Posey, Pittman, Newell. We just signed 3 more LB's. We are fine there. RB ? McCaster, Alessi and who ?.... Chapman will play there. He signed as a RB, and a good one.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »

Unless 247 is the new HC

Pollock, Wright, Dellovade, Parks, Randall-Posey, Pittman, Newell. We just signed 3 more LB's. We are fine there. RB ? McCaster, Alessi and who ?.... Chapman will play there. He signed as a RB, and a good one.
Everybody has names on a roster.  Wright and Dellovade are proven performers, the rest are names on a roster.  Beyond W & D the leading LB tackler coming back had less than 10 tackles including special teams.
I LOVE Chapman, this side tread got started with me selecting him as MY freshman of the year.  I just don't see the depth at LB, vs RB some of you see.   I can name the starting RB with 16 games played with 652 yards LY and the backup 15 games played 223 yards coming back.  Do the same for the 6 LB you see on this roster.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »

Unless 247 is the new HC

Everybody has names on a roster.  Wright and Dellovade are proven performers, the rest are names on a roster.  Beyond W & D the leading LB tackler coming back had less than 10 tackles including special teams.
I LOVE Chapman, this side tread got started with me selecting him as MY freshman of the year.  I just don't see the depth at LB, vs RB some of you see.   I can name the starting RB with 16 games played with 652 yards LY and the backup 15 games played 223 yards coming back.  Do the same for the 6 LB you see on this roster.

Alessi played in 1 game ? Last game of the year vs the worst defense in FCS. As for LB, Christian Randall-Posey and Curtis Parks both played last year. Pollock would've played if he didn't get a bad concussion early in the year and redshirted. We'll be fine.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
Chris Durkin wonder "IF" he get a look at QB?

Played quarterback for Ursuline...an Offense-Defense All-America Game selection…threw for more than 500 yards and rushed for more than 500 yards despite battling turf toe part of his senior season in 2013…passed for 887 yards and six touchdowns and ran for 722 yards and seven scores as a junior in 2012…listed as the No. 16 pro-style quarterback in the nation and the No. 20 prospect in Ohio by Rivals...ranked as the No. 19 pro-style quarterback in the country and the No. 15 player in his state by 247Sports...coach was Larry Kempe…graduated in 2014.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »

Unless 247 is the new HC

Ok I will play your game:
We had Webb and Ruiz as our primary backs last year.
McCaster is the only seasoned back coming back. Alessi played in one game and played well. But last year proved anything it is you need more than 2 RB's.

At MLB you have AD and then Parks
At Will you have Wright and Newell
At Buck you have Posey and Pollock
They all played last year in one way or another except Pollock who red shirted. But had more D1 offers than the others combined.

Also I'm not even going to mention the 6'3 240lb linebacker who transferred in. In January but I'm sure you knew about him

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
"At MLB you have AD and then Parks
At Will you have Wright and Newell
At Buck you have Posey and Pollock"

We'll see.  I don't see Posey or Parks anything beyond special teams and I don't ever count on anybody with concussion problems, IE QB Davis and LB Pollock.  I wouldn't count on anything from either of them.