Author Topic: Road Warriors: Youngstown St Penguins vs North Dakota St. Bison game week thread  (Read 25215 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Big game, I feel we have a good chance. Their QB has struggled the past 2 weeks.  If we can stop their running game i don't think their QB can beat us.  We played them well last year. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I have to give the Bison credit because they find ways to win, but so do we. Five of their wins have been close with two of them going to overtime because of failed field goal attempts by the opposition in the end of regulation. I just see some uncharacteristic things with their offense I haven't seen in recent years. Their defense has improved from the start of the season. It should be a fun week, I see they have started a thread on Pelini to know one's surprise ☺

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
YSUGO is spot-on. We always match-up better with NDSU than SDSU. The Bison play the old D-II flower offense ...everything unfolds from the center. It will allow us to play with the safeties a bit more.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I agree with YSUGO.  Stopping, or at least reasonably containing, the NDSU running attack is the key to the game.  On paper, this looks like a terrible matchup between our offense and their defense.  Don't think that we can run the ball against them, and we apparently can't pass against anybody.  There is only so much that you can ask from any defense.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I watched the press conference.  2 things.  Pelini said Davis will be back at practice and Wells is the QB for now. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I really think we have a shot. Will be a tough task for sure to go win this in Fargo. If our offense manages to play well this game though, we have a very good shot.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Our offense will likely put the defense in many bad situations for a long long time.  I can see them wearing on us until they start freeing up lanes.

Do I think we have a chance?  Yes absolutely, but it won't be easy and we may need some breaks.  Can we win with the current state of the offense?  I say no.  They need to get better this week.  Wells will have another week of practice so that will certainly help things.  It is understandable that he threw those pics with limited practice and playing time.  A WR screen would have been nice though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:33:24 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Going to need a defensive or special teams TD to win.

Offline WeAreYoungstown

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
We could win....if Montgomery missed the team flight

Offline BishopsFather2310

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Let me start off by saying #GoGuins... If we can win the T.O.P battle this week, I really think we have a great shot @ winning in the FargoDome, NDSU has looked very vulnerable lately! Sure our offense has been bad but our defense is the best in the FCS lead by the best D-End tandem in the country!!! Offense just has to protect the ball, put together some clock eating drives and capitalize when we get in the red zone, whether that means getting 3 or 7 points... I know it's easier said than done but we did it @ WVU with 450 total yards so I remain optimistic!!! If we do that we win cause NDSU doesn't have the speed on the outside that WVU has, so Easton Stick won't have the luxury of just throwing the ball 50 yards down field to wide open receivers... No turnovers, decent offensive production, and the defense does what they always do and walk out of there with the W... Gonna b a fun one to watch and gonna b even more fun when the guys are headed home in 1st Place and on their way to a Conference Title... I BELIEVE AND SO SHOULD YOU!!! Have a good one guys!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:48:41 AM by BishopsFather2310 »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Big game, I feel we have a good chance. Their QB has struggled the past 2 weeks.  If we can stop their running game i don't think their QB can beat us.  We played them well last year.
THEIR QB has struggled?  Now what's that old jingle about the Pot calling the Kettle black?!?!?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
mods, i didnt see this thread you can delete my other post, or leave it, big game calls for 2 threads  ( mine for smack talk----this one for actual football discussion)

NDSU hasnt put together a complete game this year, maybe the Illinois St homecoming game.
NDSU has an improving Defense , who was reeling after losing all american MLB nick deluca.
NDSU QB is 15-1 & needs to get better, and really wish the Off Coord trusted him to do some more things.

Im thinking a close battle with the Fargodome being loud and disrupting the YSU players.

NDSU 31
YSU 16

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Im thinking a close battle with the Fargodome being loud and disrupting the YSU players.

NDSU 31
YSU 16

YSU scoring 16 points?  dude, put down the crack pipe.  Drugs are not your friend..  just say no. :D
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
touchdown and 3 field goals, you can do that!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
I don't consider 31-16 a "close" battle. :)