Author Topic: Road Warriors: Youngstown St Penguins vs North Dakota St. Bison game week thread  (Read 25218 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I don't consider 31-16 a "close" battle. :)

I think he means that they'll be on the same field.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:06:51 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Im thinking a close battle with the Fargodome being loud and disrupting the YSU players.

NDSU 31
YSU 16

YSU scoring 16 points?  dude, put down the crack pipe.  Drugs are not your friend..  just say no. :D
Why not 16?  Three drives to the 30 and kick FG's and a 90 yard punt return.  No problem
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Im thinking a close battle with the Fargodome being loud and disrupting the YSU players.

NDSU 31
YSU 16

YSU scoring 16 points?  dude, put down the crack pipe.  Drugs are not your friend..  just say no. :D
Why not 16?  Three drives to the 30 and kick FG's and a 90 yard punt return.  No problem

3 FGs means we'd sniff the red zone.  Maybe I could believe a safety and two pic 6's.  LeRoy will be our leading scorer.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Look the Bison Defense is very good. In Conference play they allow 88 yards on the ground and yield 13 points per contest. They have allowed one rushing TD and have a total of 9 picks. It's just mind numbing and sick when you think of it. To make matters worse their ground game is strong and they average almost 5 yards a carry and lead the conference. If SDSU can hold the Bison to 17 in Fargo there is know reason why we can't hold them to 13. I think we can get 16 on them, but we need some great special teams play, some short fields, and error free football..My pick 16-13 Good guys!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Look the Bison Defense is very good. In Conference play they allow 88 yards on the ground and yield 13 points per contest. They have allowed one rushing TD and have a total of 9 picks. It's just mind numbing and sick when you think of it. To make matters worse their ground game is strong and they average almost 5 yards a carry and lead the conference. If SDSU can hold the Bison to 17 in Fargo there is know reason why we can't hold them to 13. I think we can get 16 on them, but we need some great special teams play, some short fields, and error free football..My pick 16-13 Good guys!!

SDSU plays all three phases well, and won top versus NDSU.  We lost TOP to ISUb. If NDSU, esp with a run-oriented offense dominates TOP, the defense will tire out and things could get out of hand.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I agree with you Nation on this

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
BTW Like your profile picture..That's cool!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Thanks.  Penguin legends!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I'm hearing RB King Frazier could be out for this game

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Thanks.  Penguin legends!
Out of 220 draft eligible DE's Rivers is ranked 12th and his stock is on the rise. Moss is ranked 49th and his stock is also on the rise. We are so lucky as fans to witness the high motors and dominance they bring to this conference and at the FCS level

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I'm hearing RB King Frazier could be out for this game

Yes that is true, he is questionable.  Too bad we don't have coverage like this without going to YouTube and searching for it.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/video-blog-ndsu-vs-youngstown-state/

http://gobison.com/index.aspx?path=football&tab=football2

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The offense is still high schoolish and YSU will struggle to run the ball and Wells will be forced to throw which is a problem. Defense will need to get at least 2 turnovers and a defensive TD for a chance to win.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Massey gives YSU a 15% chance of winning and predicts a score of 20-7.  YSU is 11.5 point dogs, and the O/U is 34.5.  Personally, I think the under is a good bet.  If the over wins, we are getting stomped.

This game is the 41st annual Harvest Bowl, celebrating excellence in agriculture, and NDSU will feature special "harvest" helmets.

YSU, ranked last in the Valley in passing offense, scoring offense, passing efficiency, and total offense, will face NDSU, who has the top rated rushing defense, red-zone defense, and scoring defense.  Tre Dempsey of NDSU leads the conference in INTs (4), and UNI QB Dunne was picked 4 times last week.  The YSU offense may be walking into a hornet's nest Saturday.  If you give NDSU short fields, the game will get out of reach fast.  A drive ending in a punt is not a crime, but one ending in a turnover is.  Schuler is the top ranked punter in the MVFC. For an offense that has scored one TD in the last two games, a FG would be a glorious way to conclude a drive, particularly in a defensive struggle. 

YSU's defense is ranked #1 in the Valley in total D, passing defense, sacks, and opponent first downs.  NDSU is ranked first in rushing offense, but injuries may be limiting for them.  Stick has thrown 4 picks in the last two games. Smith, Moss, and Rivers have combined for 16 solo sacks.  Moss leads the MVFC in TFLs.  Just stratospheric defensive stats.

Like SDSU, NDSU is a well balanced team with few Achilles heels.  If our offense commits no turnovers, and we get a defensive score or Darien Townsend takes another punt return to the house, then I think we can pull it off.  If we pull it off, we should get a seed and first round bye, and likely a deep run.  TBH, I don't think we have the tools in the offensive toolbox to pull the win, but I hope I am proven wrong.  NDSU 17-6

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
We match up very poorly as Nation pointed out. I don't see this as the week the offense gets their act together, please prove me wrong. I would love to see about 20 short passes...lets start with baby steps and get everyone's confidence bolstered.

The final two games we should win and get the offense going a bit. Even being average on O and we will be a threat in the post season.

This week hurts though, 24-9

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
We match up very poorly as Nation pointed out. I don't see this as the week the offense gets their act together, please prove me wrong. I would love to see about 20 short passes...lets start with baby steps and get everyone's confidence bolstered.

The final two games we should win and get the offense going a bit. Even being average on O and we will be a threat in the post season.

This week hurts though, 24-9

If Well can get up to speed and the OL blocks and we get Jodi in space we may have a chance.  They had trouble with him last year.  However they will dare us to pass and I think they will go to Zone coverage to make it difficult on Wells.  If the OL can block them they will be forced to go into man coverage to get more leverage on the line.  Lets hope they are forced to go to man coverage and Wells can hit his targets.  That all hinges on the ability for the receivers to get open.  If they get pressure in a zone it is over early.