Author Topic: Guins vs. Coyotes  (Read 35578 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Coyotes
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
As for Mr. Derek Rivers. We may never see someone with his ability in a penguin uniform again. What a player he is. Domination! Can't wait to see him on sundays in the future!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 12:32:38 PM »
Seven trips to the red zone, and five of those did NOT result in a TD.....against the MVFCs worst rushing D. Shameful.

MSU is 3-1/1-0....we may have already played our easiest conference foe...at home. 

I still believe in #11, but don't believe he's > #12. I don't think #11 is leaving, but assume #6 is.  #12 is the fourth highest passing efficiency QB in the MVFC (#19 in the FCS), and this myth that he can't "hit the numbers consistently" still follows him.  He's never thrown a pic before yesterday in his college career.  He's coming off a concussion....I'll cut him some slack.

2 TD on 7 trips down is losing football. That falls on the offense bud.

Its like this game after game in the second half. How can you even argue otherwise? That's just lame....you don't need to keep defending your arguement you made 3 years ago. Look at whats on the field and you just may see a pattern here. Come on 1AA, we will still respect you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:35:03 PM by HappyPenguin »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2016, 03:17:46 PM »
I haven't heard of #11 going anywhere he would only have a year of eligibility left, but I guess anything is possible. Just can't get very excited about any offensive numbers or rankings considering who we have played

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2016, 04:07:02 PM »
I think the defense and special teams are fine.

Can't believe they ran the QB so much.  He needs to be used running but not nearly as much if he is to make it through the season.  We need #12 at QB to have a chance at wins in conference. At one point in the red zone he had 2 consecutive QB draws!  Also our pass patterns and receivers on many plays are not at all open which cause the QB to throw into coverage and hope for the best.  Need to re-evaluate the offence.  Also the run game in short yardage was sure lacking.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 04:12:42 PM »

I think they want to hurt the QB so Hosick can be the starter.   

Pretty sure that if they wanted Hosick to be the starter, all they have to do is say, hey Hosick you're the starter.

Guessing your comment was tongue in cheek.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »
I think we're going to have to rely on our defense this year to pull out the remaining conference games. Running your quarterback 20 plus times means one thing , you have serious personnel problems
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:40:22 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »
Most everyone make valid points but I am tired of this Cleveland Browns fan mentality. By that I mean you want to keep the inferior Bernie Kosar because he is a local boy and scream for the coaches head. It is about time you realized the Montgomery knows what he is doing. Our offensive design is great and definitely can work. Now if you do not like it, then that is another thing all together. I do not really like it either, but it does give us the best  chance to win and we really can light up the field. You saw under coach H what a pro-set can do in this conference ...nothing. And his defenses were as good, if not better, than what we have now.

Fever, there were very few designed QB run plays yesterday, most every play we have has the QB keeper option, but Davis makes the call. This is why we cannot use Wells. Also, Wells is a team player, he is not going to say anything about leaving ... like him as your starter or not, you have to respect the guy. Also he does have a red-shirt to give. The only personnel problems I saw yesterday were up from on both sides of the ball and our deep coverage. Davis was also a problem, but he has to be given the benefit of the doubt as he is our leader.

As far as wanting your respect Happy.   LOL I am pretty hard-core and I know it, but I do not stand behind losers. For me, I know Monty is a winner. I know we will never in a million years see his talent in any possible replacement. I do not know Bo as of yet. Carl reminds me of Retskis, who learned his craft from Heacock. However, Carl's crew (so far) lacks the fluidity on defense of Retskis/Heacock, Perhaps this is the result of the lines in ability to stop the run and need more backing? IDK. Maybe another recruiting class will solve this?

As far as having to win with defense. We are going to give up 20+ points to every MVFC team. So why does that get a pass because we cannot score 30+? You are just playing favorites. I simply am not buying it

Nation who in the heck gives a crap about Big Ben? I do not think I have ever mentioned his name in connection with coach M. I cannot even tell you if he still plays in the NFL, nor do I care. I do not follow the sport. Rothlesberger could never run this year's YSU offense.

All of you asked for changes on offense and you sure got them. So just get in there and cheer your man Davis on. I will do the same. I hope coach Carm gets his rear chewed and he passes it on to our line.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »
Most everyone make valid points but I am tired of this Cleveland Browns fan mentality. By that I mean you want to keep the inferior Bernie Kosar because he is a local boy and scream for the coaches head. It is about time you realized the Montgomery knows what he is doing. Our offensive design is great and definitely can work. Now if you do not like it, then that is another thing all together. I do not really like it either, but it does give us the best  chance to win and we really can light up the field. You saw under coach H what a pro-set can do in this conference ...nothing. And his defenses were as good, if not better, than what we have now.

Fever, there were very few designed QB run plays yesterday, most every play we have has the QB keeper option, but Davis makes the call. This is why we cannot use Wells. Also, Wells is a team player, he is not going to say anything about leaving ... like him as your starter or not, you have to respect the guy. Also he does have a red-shirt to give. The only personnel problems I saw yesterday were up from on both sides of the ball and our deep coverage. Davis was also a problem, but he has to be given the benefit of the doubt as he is our leader.

As far as wanting your respect Happy.   LOL I am pretty hard-core and I know it, but I do not stand behind losers. For me, I know Monty is a winner. I know we will never in a million years see his talent in any possible replacement. I do not know Bo as of yet. Carl reminds me of Retskis, who learned his craft from Heacock. However, Carl's crew (so far) lacks the fluidity on defense of Retskis/Heacock, Perhaps this is the result of the lines in ability to stop the run and need more backing? IDK. Maybe another recruiting class will solve this?

As far as having to win with defense. We are going to give up 20+ points to every MVFC team. So why does that get a pass because we cannot score 30+? You are just playing favorites. I simply am not buying it

Nation who in the heck gives a crap about Big Ben? I do not think I have ever mentioned his name in connection with coach M. I cannot even tell you if he still plays in the NFL, nor do I care. I do not follow the sport. Rothlesberger could never run this year's YSU offense.

All of you asked for changes on offense and you sure got them. So just get in there and cheer your man Davis on. I will do the same. I hope coach Carm gets his rear chewed and he passes it on to our line.

Hahahahahhahahaha. A 2 time super bowl winning QB and one of the best can't run this offense??????. Dear god.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »
Poor offensive showing.  College football is being ruined by TV timeouts, replays and referees huddling every time there is a penalty.  Boring, dead air times during the game make it more like a baseball game than football.  There was just too much wasted time anymore.  Tailgate was outstanding though - Steve Fazzini!!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2016, 11:44:36 PM »

Hahahahahhahahaha. A 2 time super bowl winning QB and one of the best can't run this offense??????. Dear god.

Completely missed that point didn't you Chief? Pretend his career ended at Oxford ...I did. Different style of offense, Ben is more of a Kurt Hess than a Ricky Davis. Again he could NEVER run this offense.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2016, 08:44:27 AM »
Poor offensive showing.  College football is being ruined by TV timeouts, replays and referees huddling every time there is a penalty.  Boring, dead air times during the game make it more like a baseball game than football.  There was just too much wasted time anymore.  Tailgate was outstanding though - Steve Fazzini!!!

GO GUINS

How could I forget the ref huddles and media timeouts? Great points that was terrible.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 08:47:12 AM »

GO GUINS

How could I forget the ref huddles and media timeouts? Great points that was terrible.

Starting to get hard to watch. ESPN3 is great for us out of towners but it has every game now lasting 31/2 to 4 hours.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
Thanks for that insight 1AA. I agree with you, Ricky gives the team the best chance to run this offense and win with it. The only question I have for you where there multiple reasons for the change?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »
College football is being ruined by TV timeouts, replays and referees huddling every time there is a penalty.  Boring, dead air times during the game make it more like a baseball game than football.  There was just too much wasted time anymore. 

I agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne