Author Topic: Guins vs. Coyotes  (Read 35745 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Coyotes
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 07:05:14 PM »
We are going to get destroyed he continues to run the QB 23 times after a concussion.  Montgomery must be brain dead or missing a chromosome.  Maybe he had a stroke.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:29 PM »
SD might not win a game the rest of the year the conference is that good..In other news Missouri St. beat the HELL out of Indiana St..Hold on boys the tough games are coming..I'll take the win and the defense looked great today

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »
Horrid play calling in the 2nd half, as usual for Monty. Playing not to lose instead of to win. Ricky had some bad throws but was put into a horrible position, especially on the last one. 3rd down and the WR's ran all seam routes lol. Jesus..... Thank god for the defense.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2016, 08:33:39 PM »
Just an observation about the crowd, less than great. Now if we had been playing a NEC type school no doubt there would be posts stating that the crowd was small because of the quality of the opposition. Well we had a legit 1AA school from a pretty good 1AA league and lots of empty seats. maybe scheduling is not the root problem, maybe there just are not as many YSU fans.

Thought the defense played a good game, thought the offense should have done  more. Not scoring in the red zone in the 2qtr kept the game closer than it should have been. Need to cut done on the turnovers and penalties.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:34:19 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
The crowd was terrible... Dead.  Like being at a golf outing.

Thought we played good at timed but way too many mistakes.  4 TOs..  Fixable I hope

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »
The crowds suck, and will continue to suck until this program makes the playoffs.

ytowngirl

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2016, 09:26:58 PM »
The crowds suck, and will continue to suck until this program makes the playoffs.

Crowds will probably suck then too.  I don't see the crowds of the 90's and 2000's ever coming back.  Most those people either passed away or moved away.  Maybe even too old now to come to games.  Most kids these days could careless about YSU football. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »
Way too many missed opportunities. We let them stay in this game when we failed to score on those drives in the second quarter. The good thing is we escaped with a win and overall our defense played real well. If/when we see this team play to their potential, watch out. Would love to see it next week vs. Illinois State who has now lost 3 straight. I feared that one at the beginning of the season, but Illinois State's offense is really struggling this year.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2016, 10:04:56 PM »
Interesting that ISUr can beat a BIG team, but not a Valley team.  Next week is their Homecoming, lots to work on before that road trip.

Score by quarter: YSU +7/+10/-3/-4.  You can set your watch by the timing of the meltdowns.  If the tank gets empty at the half, we better go into the half with 2-3 score leads.

I thought the defense was spectacular.  Streveler prolly has PTSD now from Moss and Rivers.  I don't fault Jameel Smith for wanting to take his pic to the house instead of downing in in the end zone.  Loved the enthusiasm.  The Powell pic 6 was awesome.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
There were some good things today.  All the wasted opportunities disguise the fact that we accumulated 450 yards.  My goodness, it should have been 34-3 at halftime.

Davis was 15 for 23 for 281 yards.  Two bad decisions, but those might be fixable with more game experience.  The defense held their quarterback to 10 for 27, and he gained exactly 14 yards in 14 attempts once the sacks are factored into the statistics.  Didn't like the way South Dakota waltzed down the field in garbage time, but that happens.

Could somebody please explain why we sent Webb up the middle into the teeth of their defense about five times? :o  And five times with the same result.  That is exactly how he got hurt against Duquesne.  Any more of that and I will have to join the anti-Montgomery bandwagon.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2016, 10:47:19 PM »
There were some good things today.  All the wasted opportunities disguise the fact that we accumulated 450 yards.  My goodness, it should have been 34-3 at halftime.

Davis was 15 for 23 for 281 yards.  Two bad decisions, but those might be fixable with more game experience.  The defense held their quarterback to 10 for 27, and he gained exactly 14 yards in 14 attempts once the sacks are factored into the statistics.  Didn't like the way South Dakota waltzed down the field in garbage time, but that happens.

Could somebody please explain why we sent Webb up the middle into the teeth of their defense about five times? :o  And five times with the same result.  That is exactly how he got hurt against Duquesne.  Any more of that and I will have to join the anti-Montgomery bandwagon.

You need to join the anti-Montgomery movement.  Garbage play calling. I think they want to hurt the QB so Hosick can be the starter.   Why would you do what we did?  Horrible play calling. If that is not the case, then why would we pass with 3 min in the game with a lead?  We should have been picked off.  Dumb.  Maybe we don't have the horse's on the OL because we couldn't get a 4th an one on the goal line.  I don't know but I'm. Pissed off
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:55:30 PM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »

You need to join the anti-Montgomery movement.  Garbage play calling. I think they want to hurt the QB so Hosick can be the starter.

That may be up there with 1AAFan calling the all red uniforms, which I absolutely loved btw, "ghetto."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:14:10 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »
I loved the all red unis. Absolutely loved them. Once again, this teams downfall will be offensive play calling and execution in 2nd half of games.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 12:09:28 AM »
I thought the defense was spectacular.  Streveler prolly has PTSD now from Moss and Rivers.  I don't fault Jameel Smith for wanting to take his pic to the house instead of downing in in the end zone.  Loved the enthusiasm.  The Powell pic 6 was awesome.

What game did you watch today? Defense was spectacular ... LOL. We were beat up top and on the ground today. They waltzed down the field on us and we were hapless to stop them. They lined up twins against us, just like WVU. On over half of those we went into single coverage.

Offensive play-calling was terrific, who are you guys kidding, we were all over them. One of you complains about being too conservative, then in the same breath complain about throwing late in the game. Why complain ...we needed a score, what the hell else did you want him to do? Wick you open up a negative post with how the offense gained 450 yards, then insult your OC ...that makes real sense.

We held the ball for over 38-minutes. Yet despite this, USD had 13-drives

Youngstown State    1    13:01    2:14    USD39    6    39    TD
Youngstown State    1    08:13    4:33    YSU29    10    62    FG
---62-yards for 3-points? Could not execute.
Youngstown State    1    01:44    2:33    YSU30    6    70    TD

Youngstown State    2    12:39    4:17    YSU30    8    69    DOWNS
---we could not execute.
Youngstown State    2    06:20    2:31    YSU43    5    38    FUMB
---Davis fumbled.
Youngstown State    2    02:28    2:28    USD49    5    38    FG
--Davis sacked. Again lack of execution

Youngstown State    3    14:54    6:23    YSU19    12    50    DOWNS
-Terrible effort. I will even grant you the fact that I would have tried more outside run game, but USD was so much faster than we were, I can see why we did not do it.
Youngstown State    3    07:58    0:07    YSU19    1    0    INT
---INT
Youngstown State    3    00:00    0:00    YSU23    0    0    FUMB
---Fumble
Youngstown State    3    04:20    6:13    YSU32    14    61    FG
--- 2 sacks and a holding penalty

Youngstown State    4    11:12    2:41    YSU32    6    8    INT
--A sack and INT
Youngstown State    4    05:24    2:38    YSU25    6    21    PUNT
--Block in the back, unsportsmanlike, and holding all in one drive. FIRE MONTGOMERY ///LOL
Youngstown State    4    02:37    0:00    USD21    0    0    TD
Youngstown State    4    01:33    1:33    USD44    3    -4    HALF
--running out clock

Here is a simple rule of football that has stood the test of time for close to a century:

A complete drive for a TD is 80-yards (actually now it is 75). That is a kick into the end-zone.
A complete drive for a FG is 50-yards (actually now it is 40). The is making it to the 35-yard-line.

YSU Today:
450-yards offense/75 = 6-touchdowns. 6-TDS x 7-points = 42-points. This is a minimum effort

Our offense only produced 23-points off of 450-yards today and YOU ARE BLAMING THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR? Are you kidding me? Did you even go to the game? If so did you even watch it, or were you throwing back cold-ones in the tailgate lots during the game. This team is simply not ready to play with the big boys. We still played our safeties in run support because we cannot guard a rushing QB, which in today's world is every single team outside of the xDSU's, Cardinal Mooney and Canfield.
Get with the program, your OC gave you every opportunity in the world to waltz off with 49-points today (if you include the pick-6) and we simply could not do it, as our offense does not execute well. We simply have no secondary and thus no defense until it is time for nickel and dime packages. Now late today we were able to bring pressure early against an outmatched and exhausted USD offensive front; but we need to do this all of the time without the help of our secondary!!

You have the #11 ranked offense (#3 in rushing, yet you complain about running the ball Wick), yet our pass game is not even ranked in the top half of the nation; this despite the fact that our team attempts 25 pass plays per game? Your QB controls the offense at YSU & is given plenty of opportunity from Montgomery ...he is not finishing the job. HE IS SIMPLY A QB THAT IS PLAYING HIS 3RD CAREER DI GAME. DEAL WITH IT ...Montgomery does every day, despite your b****ing.

While I am at it:

Score by quarters     1st     2nd     3rd     4th     Total
Youngstown State     34     41     21     38     134
Opponents     13     14     26     21     74

Seems to me that our 4th-quarter is pretty good. Don't you wish your defense was doing the same?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:17:01 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 12:16:13 AM »

What game did you watch today? Defense was spectacular ... LOL. We were beat up top and on the ground today. They waltzed down the field on us and we were hapless to stop them. They lined up twins against us, just like WVU. On over half of those we went into single coverage.

Offensive play-calling was terrific, who are you guys kidding, we were all over them. One of you complains about being too conservative, then in the same breath complain about throwing late in the game. Why complain ...we needed a score, what the hell else did you want him to do? Wick you open up a negative post with how the offense gained 450 yards, then insult your OC ...that makes real sense.

We held the ball for over 38-minutes. Yet despite this, USD had 13-drives

Youngstown State    1    13:01    2:14    USD39    6    39    TD
Youngstown State    1    08:13    4:33    YSU29    10    62    FG
---62-yards for 3-points? Could not execute.
Youngstown State    1    01:44    2:33    YSU30    6    70    TD

Youngstown State    2    12:39    4:17    YSU30    8    69    DOWNS
---we could not execute.
Youngstown State    2    06:20    2:31    YSU43    5    38    FUMB
---Davis fumbled.
Youngstown State    2    02:28    2:28    USD49    5    38    FG
--Davis sacked. Again lack of execution

Youngstown State    3    14:54    6:23    YSU19    12    50    DOWNS
-Terrible effort. I will even grant you the fact that I would have tried more outside run game, but USD was so much faster than we were, I can see why we did not do it.
Youngstown State    3    07:58    0:07    YSU19    1    0    INT
---INT
Youngstown State    3    00:00    0:00    YSU23    0    0    FUMB
---Fumble
Youngstown State    3    04:20    6:13    YSU32    14    61    FG
--- 2 sacks and a holding penalty

Youngstown State    4    11:12    2:41    YSU32    6    8    INT
--A sack and INT
Youngstown State    4    05:24    2:38    YSU25    6    21    PUNT
--Block in the back, unsportsmanlike, and holding all in one drive. FIRE MONTGOMERY ///LOL
Youngstown State    4    02:37    0:00    USD21    0    0    TD
Youngstown State    4    01:33    1:33    USD44    3    -4    HALF
--running out clock

Here is a simple rule of football that has stood the test of time for close to a century:

A complete drive for a TD is 80-yards (actually now it is 75). That is a kick into the end-zone.
A complete drive for a FG is 50-yards (actually now it is 40). The is making it to the 35-yard-line.

YSU Today:
450-yards offense/75 = 6-touchdowns. 6-TDS x 7-points = 42-points. This is a minimum effort

Our offense only produced 23-points off of 450-yards today and YOU ARE BLAMING THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR? Are you kidding me? Did you even go to the game? If so did you even watch it, or were you throwing back cold-ones in the tailgate lots during the game. This team is simply not ready to play with the big boys. We still played our safeties in run support because we cannot guard a rushing QB, which in today's world is every single team outside of the xDSU's, Cardinal Mooney and Canfield.
Get with the program, your OC gave you every opportunity in the world to waltz off with 49-points today (if you include the pick-6) and we simply could not do it, as our offense does not execute well. We simply have no secondary and thus no defense until it is time for nickel and dime packages. Now late today we were able to bring pressure early against an outmatched and exhausted USD offensive front; but we need to do this all of the time without the help of our secondary!!

You have the #11 ranked offense (#3 in rushing, yet you complain about running the ball Wick), yet our pass game is not even ranked in the top half of the nation; this despite the fact that our team attempts 25 pass plays per game? Your QB controls the offense at YSU & is given plenty of opportunity from Montgomery ...he is not finishing the job. HE IS SIMPLY A QB THAT IS PLAYING HIS 3RD CAREER DI GAME. DEAL WITH IT ...Montgomery does every day, despite your b****ing.

Forget your BS analysis in favor of the idiot.  Why did we score only 3 points on offense in the second half?  Can you answer that simple question?  Bullsh** offensive play calling.....that is the answer.  How does ohio state WI a NC with a QB that has less than3 games of experience?  IT is no different.   we did not pit the players in position to dominate the game.  You've got to be kidding me.  I've got to get ready for a hurricane to that is all for now
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:22:35 AM by penguinpower »