Author Topic: YSU @ ISUb 11/20 1:05 pm  (Read 26711 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ ISUb 11/20 1:05 pm
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 08:16:49 AM »
 ???

Offline penguin4ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »
If we had a chance at all with the playoffs at 6-5 Liberty university just took it away by defeating #4 Coastal Carolina last night. My guess is if the committee would consider a 6-5 team Liberty would have the edge.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
???

I never said we would or that we were in contention, I just made a statement that we will be higher than quite a few 7-4 teams in GPI by the end of the season if we win Saturday.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
YSU is ranked #18 in the FCS with the 5th highest SOS, according to Massey.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2015&sub=11605

YSU is not on the NoBowls radar, but very few of the proposed non-MVFC at-large selections would have done better then YSU w/ a schedule including Pitt, SDSU and both 2014 FCS finalists.

http://nobowls.com/

Fordham always fascinates me.  A joke conference, #60 in SOS, squeaker wins over joke teams like Holy Cross and U Penn, a loss to Colgate.....and they get an at-large over YSU???  WTF?!

MVFC membership results in a deflated W/L record (imagine our record as a Patriot League team), and then frank discrimination from the FCS playoff selection committee. 

Need a 28 plus margin of victory tomorrow.  With such a statement, it is possible.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
I appreciate all your enthusiasm "BUT" all the computers, all the Massey's, and all the nobowls can say what they want. The bottom line is W-L's and none in NOV if you had 3 in a row in OCT!! YSU's been in this situation before (SOS and RPI strong) and was sent packing. The resume would look better "IF" the two weenie games were "W"s against a full scholarship teams.

#mytwocents

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 10:15:44 AM »
I appreciate all your enthusiasm "BUT" all the computers, all the Massey's, and all the nobowls can say what they want. The bottom line is W-L's and none in NOV if you had 3 in a row in OCT!! YSU's been in this situation before (SOS and RPI strong) and was sent packing. The resume would look better "IF" the two weenie games were "W"s against a full scholarship teams.

#mytwocents

A long shot ....YES, but our losses were close, the team is improving and we are top 8 in total defense and top 2 in pass defense.  We've never had that to go on our resume.  We also pass the eye test.  If we aren't in the conversation the committee doesn't know football
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:17:41 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 10:20:04 AM »

#mytwocents

A long shot ....YES, but our losses were close, the team is improving and we are top 8 in total defense and top 2 in pass defense.  We've never had that to go on our resume.  We also pass the eye test.  If we aren't in the conversation the committee doesn't know football

Well don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Indy State may also have something to prove and who knows how YSU will respond to last week. I'll bet a pay check YSU misses the playoff's even "IF they win by 70 over Indy State.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »

#mytwocents

Well don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Indy State may also have something to prove and who knows how YSU will respond to last week. I'll bet a pay check YSU misses the playoff's even "IF they win by 70 over Indy State.

I would too, especially with the known ineptitude of the committee.  I'm just saying it possible with a schoolyard beating, but not in any way probable. 

Weenie games definitely hurt our argument, although I guess STFU grabbing an autobid gives a little additional cred.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »
 YSU  has no business being in the playoff conversation.  Strength of schedule only a factor, if you beat some or at least one of those good teams.  Who did we beat?   What is our signature win?  We don't have one.  Beat a bunch of bad teams.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
Great hype vid showing the moves and elusiveness of Webb and Davis, and a few NDSU guys getting leveled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u4D7erbwrtY

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »
YSU  has no business being in the playoff conversation.  Strength of schedule only a factor, if you beat some or at least one of those good teams.  Who did we beat?   What is our signature win?  We don't have one.  Beat a bunch of bad teams.

And STFU belongs?  We would smash every CAA team, most of the big fluffy, all of the big south teams.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »

And STFU belongs?  We would smash every CAA team, most of the big fluffy, all of the big south teams.
It is SFU. Nobody and I mean nobody calls them STFU.

For those of you who do not know what STFU stands for: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stfu

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

It is SFU. Nobody and I mean nobody calls them STFU.

For those of you who do not know what STFU stands for: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stfu

duh.....just having a little fun.  :)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 01:04:15 PM »
Reps from the NCAA will be picking the teams . Not ESPN.  The Bo show is a non-starter this year. And maybe for years to come. Theres a new reason  for Penguin hate in case you haven't noticed.

Thank you, bean counter.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »
Tough to take a 6-5 team with a loss to a 3-8 (4-7 if they pull a big upset) team and no signature win, but for YSU to have any chance, the following 6-4 teams must all lose.
Montana, Eastern Washington, North Dakota, Villanova, New Hampshire, Towson and UNI.