Author Topic: Nwadiogbu and Squiric  (Read 8604 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Nwadiogbu and Squiric
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
Anyone know the status of these two?  They were both listed on the depth chart for Saturday's game, but haven't played in the last two games, and I did not see either one on the sidelines Saturday.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Nwadiogbu and Squiric
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »
Anyone know the status of these two?  They were both listed on the depth chart for Saturday's game, but haven't played in the last two games, and I did not see either one on the sidelines Saturday.

Bam still bothered by hamstring issues.
Cody has shoulder problems.
I think they were intentionally held out last Saturday.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »
Anyone coming back on the o-line? If we do not get at least two back, we are sunk.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Anyone coming back on the o-line? If we do not get at least two back, we are sunk.

I thought I heard Brock could not pass the concussion computer test - which is difficult in it's own right.
Cole's back is not healing but I have never heard what the issues were or treatment
Not looking good for them for this Saturday, but this is Monday and no practice today.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
I thought the O-Line has looked the best its looked all year these last 2 games.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 03:10:16 AM »
I agree..know matter how you look at it we are still down 3 from where we started and where we would like to be. Our success with the offense depends on our ability to run up the middle and put our quarterback in manageable situations on third down. All the negative rush plays against solid defenses this season has been a major problem and most of our success has come behind Spencer and Colucci the only 2 that have remained healthy

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:44:23 AM »
I agree..know matter how you look at it we are still down 3 from where we started and where we would like to be. Our success with the offense depends on our ability to run up the middle and put our quarterback in manageable situations on third down. All the negative rush plays against solid defenses this season has been a major problem and most of our success has come behind Spencer and Colucci the only 2 that have remained healthy

This is exactly why we must have exceptional QB play and coaching must be at a high level here.  The defense is #6 in the country and #2 in pass defense.  That speaks volumes as to where our strength exists this year.  The offense is not even close to being the best in the country.  You cam throw out 3rd in the conference because you need to compare apples to apples.  We are 37th in total offense.  25th in rushing and 54th in passing.  Throw in the number of turnovers and there you have an offense that is not getting it done.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:50:30 AM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 08:25:59 AM »
  Bam no longer with the program, during the broadcast of the game vs Western Illinois, Hannon said it several times on air.  Also last night on radio show, Pelini said Eisenhuth doubtful for Saturday.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 09:52:07 AM »
Bam battled injury early on in camp and then just fell out of favor with Bo who likes the more athletic LB's (Wright, Dellovade). Sorry to see him go! Best of luck to the kid.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
Bam battled injury early on in camp and then just fell out of favor with Bo who likes the more athletic LB's (Wright, Dellovade). Sorry to see him go! Best of luck to the kid.
Agree, good like to Bam.  He gave us his best, but just didn't have enough, even when healthy.  Reminded me of Julia Childs, made a ton of tackles 5 yards downfield.  (I know, he would prefer Julius)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the updates.  Too bad Bam is no longer with the team.  Really hope Eisenhuth can play Saturday.  Not sure if the Oline can hold up against NDSU's front without him.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates.  Too bad Bam is no longer with the team.  Really hope Eisenhuth can play Saturday.  Not sure if the Oline can hold up against NDSU's front without him.
You're sure with him?  Great news!  Is he going to play guard, center AND tackle? 

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:17 PM »
You're sure with him?  Great news!  Is he going to play guard, center AND tackle?

Unfortunately, no.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »

Unfortunately, no.
I didn't think so!  Reads here like Brock probably out anyway.