Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 114751 times)

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »
6,000 hahahaha more like 600.  Exactly like predicted from someone on here the program is now a circus.
[/quot

How is the program a circus?  Were you there? Hell there were Bison fans that flew to the game? The Penguins are playing hard right now which you want in November.  That wasn't happening here the last 5 yes and in a Vindy article this past summer a player is on record saying how players gave up last year.  I was 1 of the 6k that was there the Youngstown community missed a great game.

If I have to spell it out for you then you don't get it.  Any coach that acts like that repeatedly week after week is embarassing.  I am proud of this univeristy and when a coach acts like that he has no control of his team thus being a circus.  I am not a homer nor will I ever be.  That type of behavior is unacceptable as a leader of men.  He is a LEADER, he should give his players every chance to win.  By getting 15 yard penalties at the end of the game doesn't help those chances.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »
One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality.  Fordham and Harvard play schedules equal to the MVFC.  The NDSU announcers on ESPN three are not biased toward NDSU.  The officials call games equally, including the NDSU-YSU game.  tOSU = Iowa Hawkeyes.   

It's truly an alternate universe.
Maybe if you did your homework you would know that the ESPN3 broadcast was called by an NDSU station and play callers. ESPN just carried the feed. If the feed came from YSU it would have been a YSU heavy biased.

Are you reading impaired? Of course it was NDSU play callers.  That's why I called them "NDSU announcers".
You quote was poking fun at them for favoring NDSU, and I am pointing out to you that why wouldn't they be since they are a NDSU station. Like I said , if your (YSU) was doing the feed it would have been the same way towards YSU.

Actually, they aren't biased. Chad Krispinksy gets excited for eveything regardless of who it is, which is why I am glad NDSU had their own crew.

Offline Anon1339

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality.  Fordham and Harvard play schedules equal to the MVFC.  The NDSU announcers on ESPN three are not biased toward NDSU.  The officials call games equally, including the NDSU-YSU game.  tOSU = Iowa Hawkeyes.   

Let me paint you a picture:

The vid does show PI, but its an isolated example.   Jody Webb's head was spun around during an uncalled facemask in Q3 of the NDSU game.  There were outrageous call in the ISUr game, including defensive holding. 

MVFC officiating sucks.
How could he have his head turned around did a Bison tackler ever touch him.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
In defense of Krispinsky (TV main) and Hannon (radio main) ...they are both very good and call it the way it happened. You will hear words similar to "YSU got away with that one" many times. I have heard them all and he is the best in the conference. On away games I will turn the TV down and hope the radio is not too far off the TV or internet. If it is a TV game ...it will be close, but internet is usually way off in timing, so I end up listening to the away guys.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

this kevin schnepf dude is the BIGGEST LOSER ON THE PLANET   total small town dip#hit.

This guy has no idea about Youngstown, Ohio and what makes us tick. Unless you live here you have no idea.  Bo will be fine here.  He is Youngstown.  The people love that passion.  Bo will recruit a new QB, get depth at O-Line and fix the special teams and the rest of the MVFC will need to be aware of the Penguins. 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2015, 12:44:16 AM »
guinpen.

no sh** you've never heard of him, because he's a 50+ year old loser from small town usa that has done zero with his life.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2015, 12:56:45 AM »
In defense of Krispinsky (TV main) and Hannon (radio main) ...they are both very good and call it the way it happened. You will hear words similar to "YSU got away with that one" many times. I have heard them all and he is the best in the conference. On away games I will turn the TV down and hope the radio is not too far off the TV or internet. If it is a TV game ...it will be close, but internet is usually way off in timing, so I end up listening to the away guys.

I also like to listen to Hannon and Sammerone on the radio. Yesterday Hannon was getting a little ridiculous almost seemed like he ws pro NDSU but ye isn't.  Chad is a nice guy but he is irritating to listen to because he gets excited for everything even when it's not that big of a deal.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2015, 01:13:28 AM »

I also like to listen to Hannon and Sammerone on the radio. Yesterday Hannon was getting a little ridiculous almost seemed like he ws pro NDSU but ye isn't.  Chad is a nice guy but he is irritating to listen to because he gets excited for everything even when it's not that big of a deal.

Good post.  Chad does a radio play by play while calling a tv broadcast.  I can see what you are calling Chad you don't have to tell me it's a handoff to the right side and give me the yard marker.  I can see it.  I can see it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:35:03 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2015, 01:23:44 AM »

Good post.  Chad does a radio play by play bs calling a tv broadcast.  I can see what you are calling Chad you don't have to tell me it's a handoff to the right side and give me the yard marker.  I can see it.  I can see it.

HA! I laughed at that one, so true lol.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2015, 09:18:15 AM »

Maybe if you did your homework you would know that the ESPN3 broadcast was called by an NDSU station and play callers. ESPN just carried the feed. If the feed came from YSU it would have been a YSU heavy biased.

I thought the announcers were good.... ???

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
very entertaining game, cant wait to see the meltdown bo has with 20,000 fans 5 feet from him on the sidelines next year at the fargodome.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
very entertaining game, cant wait to see the meltdown bo has with 20,000 fans 5 feet from him on the sidelines next year at the fargodome.

I still say that it was almost an instant classic. Just too many missing personnel for YSU & the QB for NDSU. I was at Northwestern and it is almost as bad as the fargodome. Bo may have been there. Yes you and UNI have those converted basketball arena's. They elevate the ceilings, for football use, and the sound is horrific.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

this kevin schnepf dude is the BIGGEST LOSER ON THE PLANET   total small town dip#hit.

This guy has no idea about Youngstown, Ohio and what makes us tick. Unless you live here you have no idea.  Bo will be fine here.  He is Youngstown.  The people love that passion.  Bo will recruit a new QB, get depth at O-Line and fix the special teams and the rest of the MVFC will need to be aware of the Penguins.

Isn't this exactly the problem?  What makes Youngstown tick? It is mind boggling to think, a city that a short time ago had the nations highest poverty rate, one of the highest rates of citizen exodus in the last 50 years, mob violence into the 90's, and a "re-emergence" based on the service industry reacts to anything negative by circling the wagons tighter, and relies on nepotism to solve its problems.   Bo will be gone, by 2018, and the athletic program will be back at square one, passion is one thing, delusion is another beast and it eats raw meat.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »

Actually I am told that NDSU has some classy fans, I am sure they will be respectful and not be the kind of fans we have been labeled as.

I guess we will see just how classy they really are.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne