Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 114717 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but after watching the outrageous calls in the ISUr game, and the ridiculous call in the NDSU game...maybe the fix is in?   Maybe that's what pisses off Bo?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
That was the correct call--their receiver was held down,pushed,tied up and the pass was right in his hands--just ask any NDSU poster. 8)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »
One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality.  Fordham and Harvard play schedules equal to the MVFC.  The NDSU announcers on ESPN three are not biased toward NDSU.  The officials call games equally, including the NDSU-YSU game.  tOSU = Iowa Hawkeyes.   

It's truly an alternate universe.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »
One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality.  Fordham and Harvard play schedules equal to the MVFC.  The NDSU announcers on ESPN three are not biased toward NDSU.  The officials call games equally, including the NDSU-YSU game.  tOSU = Iowa Hawkeyes.   

Maybe if you did your homework you would know that the ESPN3 broadcast was called by an NDSU station and play callers. ESPN just carried the feed. If the feed came from YSU it would have been a YSU heavy biased.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »

Maybe if you did your homework you would know that the ESPN3 broadcast was called by an NDSU station and play callers. ESPN just carried the feed. If the feed came from YSU it would have been a YSU heavy biased.

Are you reading impaired? Of course it was NDSU play callers.  That's why I called them "NDSU announcers".

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »

Are you reading impaired? Of course it was NDSU play callers.  That's why I called them "NDSU announcers".
You quote was poking fun at them for favoring NDSU, and I am pointing out to you that why wouldn't they be since they are a NDSU station. Like I said , if your (YSU) was doing the feed it would have been the same way towards YSU.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »

You quote was poking fun at them for favoring NDSU, and I am pointing out to you that why wouldn't they be since they are a NDSU station. Like I said , if your (YSU) was doing the feed it would have been the same way towards YSU.

I'm going to try to help you one more time.  If you can't get it, then you don't get it.

The first sentence was, "One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality."

I proceeded to provide examples supporting that claim.  One example was regarding the NDSU announcers on the ESPN3 feed.  On AGS, a poster claimed that the NDSU announcers are anti-NDSU....a false and bizarre assertion......a false reality created to support their own beliefs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:31:39 AM by Penguin Nation »

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »

I am on AGS and I saw that post, and that is where the very basis of you statement is wrong. You claim that AGS is delusional (in a way) and then you claim it now to be based on the comment of one poster saying the broadcast team is anti bison. So your trying to claim all the fans on AGS think one way based on that one posters comment. Or you could have saved a lot of confusion by just making a comment like "there is one guy over there who claims the broadcast team to be anti bison".

I'm going to try to help you one more time.  If you can't get it, then you don't get it.

The first sentence was, "One thing I've noticed about AGS is that posters create their own reality."

I proceeded to provide examples supporting that claim.  One example was regarding the NDSU announcers on the ESPN3 feed.  On AGS, a poster calimed that the NDSU announcers are anti-NDSU....a false and bizarre assertion......a false reality created to support their own beliefs.

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »
FYI, I do think that YSU outplayed NDSU for the most part. YSU had a very good game plan on defense and contained the offense well. You offense has so very slick runners, man they burned us a couple times. Your players have heart and they played with class. Things just fell apart in the 4th for you and NDSU dominated the last 15 minutes and it was just enough. The talk of you coach blowing the game with penalties is BS. The game was pretty much out of reach at that point. His actions just made himself and the school a punching bag though. But there is no doubt that he is very good at coaching football.

Offline Huskerbux

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:40 AM »
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini
Came here to offer my condolences.   I was blinded by his "passion" for the first couple years at Nebraska.   But this is what you get more often than not.  And not just on the sideline.  It's in the press room, the practice field and worse yet, the locker room.   It becomes the mantra of the team before long.  Blame someone else....especially the refs for things that don't go his way.   

Good luck to you guys down the road.  Hope you find a coach that isn't a complete psycho.   And pray somebody is still delusional and takes him away before you have to do a complete overhaul of the the attitude in your program......see: Nebraska. 

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
FYI, I do think that YSU outplayed NDSU for the most part. YSU had a very good game plan on defense and contained the offense well. You offense has so very slick runners, man they burned us a couple times. Your players have heart and they played with class. Things just fell apart in the 4th for you and NDSU dominated the last 15 minutes and it was just enough. The talk of you coach blowing the game with penalties is BS. The game was pretty much out of reach at that point. His actions just made himself and the school a punching bag though. But there is no doubt that he is very good at coaching football.
Amazingly I agree with your entire post bad punts and dropped passes enabled NDSU to pull that one out--something you can't do against a championship team.I'm really surprised how well our crippled O-Line performed.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »

Let me paint you a picture:

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »

Let me paint you a picture:

The vid does show PI, but its an isolated example.   Jody Webb's head was spun around during an uncalled facemask in Q3 of the NDSU game.  There were outrageous call in the ISUr game, including defensive holding. 

MVFC officiating sucks.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »
if the GIF fits, you must acquit.

it was an awesome game if you weren't a ndsu or ysu fan just sitting at the bar like 4 guys from new York were by our table... they were like dam this is an entertaining game.

Youngstown will be a force in 2016, we snuck away with a win, that's all I need to say.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2015, 09:09:20 PM »