Poll

Who wins???

YSU
15 (78.9%)
Illinois State
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Night Game vs Illinois State  (Read 28245 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game vs Illinois State
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
Coprich is the FCS player of the week.  He will be a great test for the D.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
Coprich is the FCS player of the week.  He will be a great test for the D.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Coprich get 35 plus carries in this game unless we can shut him down early.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:17:58 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
I am trying to make the trip up from Savannah but I-95 and several other roads are shut down.  I am hearing bridges are washed out on 95 and parallel roads.  All hearsay for me at this point but Jeeze.  May need to make the trip near thanksgiving.
Hope you can make it in--just met a young man from Spartanburg,S.C. yesterday who mentioned to me that a diehard YSU fan was making the trip from Savannah,Ga.--obviously it's you. 8)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »
Must win if we want to make playoffs this year?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
Valley, I hope thats the weather we get. Weather app yesterday had said rain. 0505, i believe it is a do or die game.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »
Valley, I hope thats the weather we get. Weather app yesterday had said rain. 0505, i believe it is a do or die game.

Not do or die ??? no shame losing to the 4th ranked team in 1FCS, especially this early in the season. It will make it more urgent to win 5 of the last 6 games especially games in NOVEMBER "IF" YSU loses. Maybe do or die to win more fans back to the "Ice Castle"  :-\
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:11:46 AM by ysubigred »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:56 AM »
I stand corrected. Big red I agree, but the thing is, getting off to the right foot now is critical. If we fall here, likely losses are SDSU and NDSU, and then have WIU, SIU, MSU and ISU (b) without losing. Its not do or die this week, but if there is a loss, it will affect our playoff chances. We need at least one of the three (ill state, NDSU and SDSU)

On another note, why are the sycamores ISU (b)?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »
I stand corrected. Big red I agree, but the thing is, getting off to the right foot now is critical. If we fall here, likely losses are SDSU and NDSU, and then have WIU, SIU, MSU and ISU (b) without losing. Its not do or die this week, but if there is a loss, it will affect our playoff chances. We need at least one of the three (ill state, NDSU and SDSU)

On another note, why are the sycamores ISU (b)?

Indy ST is Blue (b) and white ILL ST is Red (r) and white.

Nice to win all the big games especially at home.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »
I like our odds with Illinois state and with SDSU. Would be nice to win all THREE of the big home games. Time will tell, but man it would get really exciting.

Thanks for the explanation. I could never figure that out. Always thought it was ISU(r) for redbirds and couldnt understand why it wasnt ISU (s) over ISU(b).  :o

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 12:31:18 PM »
Must win if we want to make playoffs this year?

Not a must win to make the playoffs, but if Roberson is limited then it becomes a game the Guins should win.  Can't have a repeat of the 2013 UNI game, when they were decimated by injuries, and Wolf still found a way to lose.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »
The hype surrounding this game is good, and let us hope it results in a big crowd.  The reality is that this is not the Illinois State team that nearly won the title last season.  They experienced massive losses to graduation and now, supposedly, to injuries.  We will have, by far, the most experienced team on the field on Saturday. 

I am not suggesting that they are not good.  They have the best running back we will face in the conference and Roberson, who I predict will play qb, presents unique challenges.  But I am confident that our d-line can control the line of scrimmage.  How many years has it been since we could make that kind of statement?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
We have NDSU, SDSU, UNI and we already lost to Pitt. This is a must-win. We match up well, as we always do with ILS. We are reasonably healthy and this one is on our turf. So to quote Frankie Pentangeli "...look, let's get them all. Let's hit them all. Now while we got the muscle..."

ValleyTalk

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »
From the Vindy article today:
www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/penguins-calling-on-th-man/?mobile

"As of Tuesday night, approximately 11,965 tickets were sold for the contest."

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 09:41:22 AM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
what is the attendance record at Stambaugh stadium.  do you think we will ever break the record.  this game is huge.  we have to protect the home field