Poll

Who wins???

YSU
15 (78.9%)
Illinois State
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Night Game vs Illinois State  (Read 28290 times)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game vs Illinois State
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
Any Hype Video for this week?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 11:49:28 AM »
Theyve had one every week so far. Its not out yet, but I bet we will have one tomorrow.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
YSU1

According to the university website, the records for both season and individual game attendance were set in 2000, Tressel's final year as head coach.  Season average was 18,109.  Single game high was 21,119 against Northern Iowa.  No, for reasons that I suggested on another thread, neither record will ever be broken.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »
what is the attendance record at Stambaugh stadium.  do you think we will ever break the record.  this game is huge.  we have to protect the home field

See you in the M24 Saturday  8)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »
YSU1

According to the university website, the records for both season and individual game attendance were set in 2000, Tressel's final year as head coach.  Season average was 18,109.  Single game high was 21,119 against Northern Iowa.  No, for reasons that I suggested on another thread, neither record will ever be broken.

I believe the record would fall "IF" YSU can get into the playoff's, Akron, Kent or even Dayton back again. Dayton seems to think they are top 25 material this year  :-\

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
Marshall and Boise State, even though they moved up, have very good fan bases. Hopefully we can start drawing some people. a win on Saturday should help.   8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:27:17 PM by YSU1 »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 08:37:11 PM »
Balash says 12,300 tickets distributed so far.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »
It will be really interesting to see how the offensive line and wide receiver's execute this week. I think that has been some of the reason's for Wells up and down season to this point. I would love nothing more then a big first half like they had last year and then let the defense take over the second half. This game could very well be a chess match and the in game adjustments by the coaching staffs could very well be the deciding factor

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »
It will be really interesting to see how the offensive line and wide receiver's execute this week. I think that has been some of the reason's for Wells up and down season to this point. I would love nothing more then a big first half like they had last year and then let the defense take over the second half. This game could very well be a chess match and the in game adjustments by the coaching staffs could very well be the deciding factor

Any word on who will start at center?

As far as last year - the offense was non-existent in the 2nd half and our defense wore out in the middle of the 3rd quarter.   I would like nothing more than YSU playing on all cylinders for all 4 quarters.
It will be a chess match for sure - we will find out if we have Bobby Fischer or
Bobby Boucher playing on our side.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »
Gonna come down to the O and D lines as always. Interested to see if Newsome is healthy and able to start at Center or if Bell is back in there.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2015, 09:45:05 AM »
They did get wore out Scarlet. With the added depth this season that should help considerably. I'm still thinking the reason we lost that game is because  we got out coached on each side of the ball and didn't adjust. This game will be a great measuring tool for our offense , defense and coaching staff.. it will let us know where we officially stand for the rest of conference play.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
Hopefully a huge crowd will make the Guins perform at another level

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »
After watching our pathetic attempts to play defense for five seasons under Wolford, the rest of the league might still not be fully aware of our transformation on that side of the ball.  The keys to this game for me come down to the performances of the Illinois State offensive line and receivers.  Can their relatively inexperienced o-line neutralize Rivers, Moss, and Williams and dislodge our tackles from the middle?  If not, they might be in for a long evening, despite the obvious excellence of Coprich and Roberson.  Likewise, can their receivers, a group which apparently includes some backups, get open against our secondary? 

We had better come out of that locker room with fiery intensity, and the memory of the Robert Morris horror show is still fresh in our minds.  But I like the matchups in this game.  Funny how having a real defense can change a person's outlook.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »
One thing that I would like to add about the defense being worn out. I agree that our offense is not completely designed to chew up clock, but we had scored more than enough points to win the majority of our games. If the defense does their job in the first half, we will not have any issues tomorrow or any night/day. It was more than clear last week that USD was not going to be able to score on us & I know that both coordinators were probably in "auto-pilot" in the second half.

As to Montgomery changing the offense, I do not think this is wise. It can become a real nightmare. The system is his system & needs to stay as designed. I would like to add that we had two nice long drives last week. So I think the capability is there. Believe me,there is going to be the time (ala Pitt) that we need to be able to pile up points quickly.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Hype vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXq6n-mEjc&feature=youtu.be

Let's put Davis's end zone somersault in the next vid. It got me hyped.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen