Author Topic: New Video board for Stambaugh  (Read 30906 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New Video board for Stambaugh
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
Hope its not that grainy in real life lol.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
Ummm... I have not been to the Ice Castle for about 2 years but,,, That looks just like the old one.  :-\

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »
Ads look familiar, but doesn't look anything like the old one.  Hope we don't play many 4:00 games because in the direct sunlight it will be just about 100% useless.  Videos will be better, scoreboard worse. Oh well, I can keep track of who's ahead in my head, and that's what really matters! 
Beat PITT!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2015, 02:30:55 PM »
They were testing while I was there. Everything looked good. Yes, it is an all video board. the game clock and time are at the bottom, while the play clock is off the side. That photo was taken Saturday prior to the scrimmage ...so probably around 1p.

They were hooking it up to the audio while I was there ...not going to start any rumors, but everything looked and sounded good.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
considering how cheap it was that actually looks nice, dont see what everyone is b****ing about

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 03:36:02 PM »
Yah, that is light years ahead of what we had.  You can't tell from looking at a picture of how clear the board will actually be. 

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »
The reason the board looks grainy is because the kicking net was up and that causes a grainy effect to appear.
As for the sunlight hitting the board making it tough to see... That's going to happen no matter what kind of video board we put up there just because of the positioning, that is something that sports teams always have trouble with.
In case anybody forgot, they also updated the South Endzone scoreboard... With the new videoboard, they are also able to put the score right on the screen (that's what new technology does for you, it simplifies everything). You can put rosters up there while showing the game, while also having the traditional box score. It's very simple and the new video board looks great!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
I was mostly kidding with my comment. I am very excited for the new board.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 09:24:19 AM »
Looks better, but not great.  Not big enough!!  Plus it points toward the setting sun.  I'm concerned that for most fans it will be really hard to see in the late afternoon, which would all of 4:00 games and the first half of 7:00 games.  We'll get to see it in about 9 days!  Beat PITT!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!