Author Topic: New Video board for Stambaugh  (Read 30938 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New Video board for Stambaugh
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »
Nice article by Scalzo. Now they need the east side press box upgraded.

That "facility" they use for TV broadcasts is a joke.  There are dozens of D-5 high school programs that put that to shame!  They are doing a LOT of good stuff for this season, and I don't want to get greedy, but when telecast viewership goes up and they can sell the broadcast rights, perhaps that initial money could go to Eastside press box upgrades?

Possibly. How about some cameras on the east side? I mean it really is a high school setup like you said. Watching some of camera angles on the TV broadcast make me think I'm watching Chaney vs East.

I think you mean "how about some cameras on the West side", don't you?  The sun glare from the Eastside stands makes day game replay's almost unwatchable.  Do they broadcast from the East only to get the West stands and YSU bench in the background?  If so, that decision should be re-evaluated.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

That "facility" they use for TV broadcasts is a joke.  There are dozens of D-5 high school programs that put that to shame!  They are doing a LOT of good stuff for this season, and I don't want to get greedy, but when telecast viewership goes up and they can sell the broadcast rights, perhaps that initial money could go to Eastside press box upgrades?

Possibly. How about some cameras on the east side? I mean it really is a high school setup like you said. Watching some of camera angles on the TV broadcast make me think I'm watching Chaney vs East.

How  about some HD Cameras?  The feed is horrible.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
"The feed is horrible."

Hey PenguinPower, my memory must be going in my old age, as I remember is as much worse that that!!
They do their local news in HD, so the can do HD.  I bet the glare shooting West into the sun is most of their problem.  If somebody has any info. I'd love to be enlighted.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
There is not a whole lot that you can do about the glare, other than sell many more tickets so we can expand. From what I can see each week, is actually the stadium lights, MUCH more than the sun. Our cameras are either on the ground level or up top. The ground offers some great shots, but if you tilt up, you get the lights over top of the visitors side.

Larger broadcasters use cameras that move up and down ...they also can truck left and right to up and down the field; or they have the monies for more than 1 over-the-middle. I think our broadcasts are pretty darn good. Then again, I have seen just about every team in our conference and others. Once you get over to the NY/NJ area, they definitely have better equipment, but it is clear they lack the skills to use it. Take a look at a CAA game sometime ...you will be very happy with our overall coverage. Our guys are seasoned ...mot of the larger market I-AA teams get the area's "bottom-feeders" in terms of direction and announcing.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »
The games are in HD a locally. I've recorded enough to know they are 100% in high definition. Why the non-ESPN3 streams aren't, I do not know.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »

I read awhile back that the east side press box upgrade was part of the new stadium light package for better broadcasting.

I guess it's not really a press box but a camera and broadcasting booth. The way I took it, they were going to replace the two small ones with one big one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:48:30 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:24 PM »
I still fondly remember the JMU play-off game. The two ESPN announcers, calling the game, were in that little booth, while the other ESPN guys were over getting served "a plethora of great food and drinks by the lovely ladies of YSU". They went on about our facilities and how well we treated them. I think the one said he was afraid to turn on the space heater for fear it would burn down the booth...lol.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
Remember when I first stated that these upgrades were coming and EVERYBODY said I was crazy...???
Well looks like some people have the inside scoop and others don't

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »
Remember when I first stated that these upgrades were coming and EVERYBODY said I was crazy...???
Well looks like some people have the inside scoop and others don't

What's the inside scoop on when YSU is joining the MAC?

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
Valley Talk: What is the inside scoop when YSU joins 1A.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
Valley Talk: What is the inside scoop when YSU joins 1A.
Let's see how the power five conferences change the landscape up above us, as it will ripple down in due time.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
Videoboard is all finished and looks really good, along with the new lighting. Impressive.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »
I was at practice today and have pictures of the board. It is all screen. Will get one up shortly.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »

Here it is. Sorry to take so long.