Author Topic: State of men’s basketball  (Read 101199 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: State of men’s basketball
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2015, 11:48:43 AM »
Looks like we will play Kent State at Kent State in the Coach Peters tournament.  I hope this becomes an annual event.

https://twitter.com/danabalash21/status/588451602878566400
It will be an annual event. My sources told me it was at YSU this year, but perhaps maybe next year? We do have a nice out-of-conference road game at a big school next year that I am excited about as well!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
Sources tell me another loss is coming against Kent ;)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:37 AM »
BTW ...I am going to start removing these "fire people comments" all you want to do is push it to the top & I will not have the board ruined because people offer no real solutions.

I'm all for censoring out attacks of a personal nature.  However, I can't suggest a solution to the poor performance of our AD or MBB HC (the solution obviously being replace them with someone competent)? 

The comments I've made were strictly regarding their performance, and I've supported my statements with statistics and links to articles.

They may seem repetitive, but so are the losing seasons and the player defections.

We are only allowed to post opinions that you don't strongly oppose?

Nope, say what ever you want as-long-as they stay in one thread & do not pop up in everything people say. There is not a single thread here (that has more than1-post in it) that does not attack Strollo or Slocum. Most of us are sick of it. We see a possibly good topic to read and it really on good post, with the same old anti-YSU crap. People tell me they are afraid to post & others just stop posting all together. Others are sick of reading. Then people on the board discuss apathy based on performance, when it is really based on the negativism they read here day after day and their fear to say anything. You can think it is because everyone feels the same way that you do, but your are quite mistaken. The real reason is that these type of posts have chased everyone away so there is no one left that has a different opinion.

How would you like to be a die-hard fan and have your team "trashed" day after day? If I was our competition, I would be laughing my back-side off.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2015, 12:16:35 PM »
IAA Fan,

Thank goodness that you finally "get it."  I stopped reading and posting for ten weeks because I was fed up with a certain well-known hater that had the audacity to trash our new football coach, a man who did nothing but win nine games or more in the Big Ten Conference.  I know several other dedicated YSU fans who stopped reading because of the constant hate and venom.  And that is not counting the loss of two of the best posters of all time, Italian Penguin and YSU Indy.   Please return this message board to a place that welcomes and nurtures real YSU fans, uncontaminated by the haters.

Consider also that Jim Tressel is nobody's fool.  That man is busting his butt promoting YSU far and wide.  He has been relentless in his capacity as public relations agent for the university.  I assure you that he at least indirectly knows about the nature of the comments on the university's only athletic fan site.  Do you think he is amused that this fan site grants a forum to YSU haters?

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »
"Grants a forum". Really? "Haters".......anyone with a differing opinion? WOW.....my bad.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »
Add Larry Johnson Jr to the list of transfers.  That makes it 5 so far in the past month.  You are living in another world if you think the program is in good shape.  We will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
Add Larry Johnson Jr to the list of transfers.  That makes it 5 so far in the past month.  You are living in another world if you think the program is in good shape.  We will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

If you care about YSU athletics....wouldn't you ask, "why?".

If you want YSU sports to succeed, and have the mental capacity to perform critical analysis, wouldn't it make sense to set the pom poms down.....just for a little while....and identify the problem....and seek a solution?

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
That requires critical thinking, PN.  ;D

Not here. Cheerleaders here with short skirts and big boobs only.

The decision was made to hire the MBB coach. Then rehire him. And then rehire him again. Nothing wrong here.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
Paladin does not need to ask "why"? He knows everything

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »
We may not have enough guys to field a complete roster this year... LOL. JOKE.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
So the two (or eh whatever) of you plan on keeping this thread at the top. Sorry this topic is locked. We just had a spring football game and the LAST thing anyone wants to hear about is men's basketball. Do you have to ruin everything?