Author Topic: Avery Moss  (Read 16719 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Avery Moss
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
Former Nebraska DE Avery Moss who was banned from the school for public indecency and not allowed back is taking a visit to YSU and expected to be enrolling to follow Bo. He started as a rs Freshman. Listed at 6-3, 265. Good get for Bo. He and rivers should make a nice combo on the edge.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205371471

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/defensive-end-avery-moss-loses-final-appeal-will-not-return/article_ef5c27fe-9841-11e4-9750-bf2a52070f2f.html?mode=jqm
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:33:05 AM by ysufan0505 »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Avery Moss
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »
I'll be first --- Bo is now going to recruit thugs ?  Every thing I read says this kid didn't seek out YSU, Bo sought this kid who didn't even play last season. Win at all costs ?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
I'll be first --- Bo is now going to recruit thugs ?  Every thing I read says this kid didn't seek out YSU, Bo sought this kid who didn't even play last season. Win at all costs ?

Yes win at all costs damnit.  Time for some drastic moves to get to the playoffs
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:58:55 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
I'm more worried about the shoulder injury than his behavior.  People in their youth do stoopid things.  Hopefully, he has matured from this, and Bo made the behavior expectations clear.

Welcome to YSU Avery!
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »

Lol, thug? Because he whipped out a private part? Lol!!! The kid can play. Bo recruited him to Nebraska. Transferring to YSU gives him a shot to play right away and won't have to sit out a year.

Offline Punisher

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »
This kid isn't a thug.  He made a mistake and has been working his butt off doing all the things he was supposed to do to get back into Nebraska. Unfortunately the same stupid chancellor and AD that fired Bo wouldn't let him back in since Bo is gone.  Kid is a great football player and would have played immediately if he would have been let back in and could have went to many different FBS schools had he chosen to.   You should be pretty excited if he chooses to come there.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
I just had a couple of emails from Nebraska media. They both said basically the same thing; that Avery and 2 other guys, were being hazed and they walked into a 7/11 with their "things" hanging over their sweats and pants. I personally thought it was much more.

The odd thing is that he was told he had stay clear of campus and then he want on campus, to visit with his girlfriend. It was this violation that got the Title-IX people involved. He was suspended for a year. When he went back in front of the committee to see about returning after his year, they denied him. I guess there is some concern that the new "title-IX chancellor" did not stick to the ruling of the former, of a temporary suspension.

Both contacts dismissed the shoulder by saying they were not concerned. They said this is not a legal issue and he paid his $500 fine. They wish him well and think YSU is potentially picking up a good player who was expected to start.

That is all I know at this time

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 05:30:05 PM »

Recruit kids who want to play football regardless of their past issues.  Life is a marathon, not a sprint and we all make mistakes...its called privileges of youth...so get over it...and get off the board!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »

Yes win at all costs damnit.  Time for some drastic moves to get to the playoffs

By the way this is laced with sarcasm for those of you that it needs to be explained

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »
So this is one of those issues that someone who wants to find something to whine and complain about will. Seems like a non issue to me, give the kid a helmet and let him enjoy college football.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
Moss and Rivers on the edge can dominate this league.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »
Yesterday the complaint was Bo wasn't recruiting. Today the complaint is Bo is recruiting.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 12:09:03 AM »
Moss went to a university residence hall store and pulled his junk out and left it exposed to a female student employee.... Twice.... 4 hours apart. He pleaded no contest ( meaning he didn't challenge the  facts the police presented) and was found guilty. Fined $500. Ordered to stay out of residence halls. Violated that order. Many did not think he expressed any remorse over either situation  and the University came down on him.  The question is -- what character will YSU tolerate   on the team. Will the AD tolerate this ? What will Tressel tolerate ?  Community will find out about this and there will be reactions...................... simple questions. Not judging , just openly wondering

ValleyTalk

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 07:31:27 AM »
Moss went to a university residence hall store and pulled his junk out and left it exposed to a female student employee.... Twice.... 4 hours apart. He pleaded no contest ( meaning he didn't challenge the  facts the police presented) and was found guilty. Fined $500. Ordered to stay out of residence halls. Violated that order. Many did not think he expressed any remorse over either situation  and the University came down on him.  The question is -- what character will YSU tolerate   on the team. Will the AD tolerate this ? What will Tressel tolerate ?  Community will find out about this and there will be reactions...................... simple questions. Not judging , just openly wondering
Your hatred of Strollo and now Pelini is getting old. Where were you when Marcus Mason transferred here after his issues at Illinois that led to a NCAA investigation?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »
Bring in a kid like this and dismiss a quality kid like Michael Wheary for punching a hole in a wall because of a fight with his girlfriend..ummm okay!! At least Michael was more careful with where he was aiming just didn't know there was a sprinkle system on the other side ..like pally said win at all costs!!