Author Topic: Avery Moss  (Read 16642 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Avery Moss
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »
I don't care if we take him or not. From what I have been told, I have no issue. There is a valid point to be made as to why the new "Title-IX chancellor" did not follow through with an agreement made by the old. Good point on Mason ..."borrowing" that TV. The difference is simple. We knew Jon Heacock and trusted his instincts as a coach and judge of character. We question this for Bo Pelini. This is something that coach P brought on himself and is going to have to change on his own. I think he knows this. I stand behind Bo as well. There is no reason not to.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »
I don't care if we take him or not. From what I have been told, I have no issue. There is a valid point to be made as to why the new "Title-IX chancellor" did not follow through with an agreement made by the old. Good point on Mason ..."borrowing" that TV. The difference is simple. We knew Jon Heacock and trusted his instincts as a coach and judge of character. We question this for Bo Pelini. This is something that coach P brought on himself and is going to have to change on his own. I think he knows this. I stand behind Bo as well. There is no reason not to.

+1 ^^

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 02:42:09 PM »
Perfectly fine with him coming here. Love it.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
Yesterday the complaint was Bo wasn't recruiting. Today the complaint is Bo is recruiting.

It is indeed a fickle crowd!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline #1 Tailgater

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/avery-moss-following-bo-pelini-to-youngstown-state/

Looking forward to see if he can get into shape and tighten up the D Line.

Offline k9_r

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 01:31:54 AM »
Moss went to a university residence hall store and pulled his junk out and left it exposed to a female student employee.... Twice.... 4 hours apart. He pleaded no contest ( meaning he didn't challenge the  facts the police presented) and was found guilty. Fined $500. Ordered to stay out of residence halls. Violated that order. Many did not think he expressed any remorse over either situation  and the University came down on him.  The question is -- what character will YSU tolerate   on the team. Will the AD tolerate this ? What will Tressel tolerate ?  Community will find out about this and there will be reactions...................... simple questions. Not judging , just openly wondering
Husker fan here. This^^^ is essentially correct. A few points...

- 95% of Husker fans would take this kid back in a heartbeat. Very good football player. Decent guy.
- The original infraction was a violation of the law and of university policy. The legal issues were settled appropriately and the policy issues played out over more than a year and ultimately settled via a Title IX ruling.
- He spent his year of probation keeping clean, taking care of himself and staying in shape. He was given multiple assurances that his chances of reinstatement were very good.
- The probation was caused solely by his violation of the order to stay off campus. That order was temporary and set to expire. Moss got the expiration date wrong. That part is very clear.
- At the end of the probation, the new Title IX Coordinator gave zero consideration to past promises and 100% consideration to the letter of the law. Avery's world crumbled.

Very happy to see Avery landing on his feet at YSU and I wish him well.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
Moss went to a university residence hall store and pulled his junk out and left it exposed to a female student employee.... Twice.... 4 hours apart. He pleaded no contest ( meaning he didn't challenge the  facts the police presented) and was found guilty. Fined $500. Ordered to stay out of residence halls. Violated that order. Many did not think he expressed any remorse over either situation  and the University came down on him.  The question is -- what character will YSU tolerate   on the team. Will the AD tolerate this ? What will Tressel tolerate ?  Community will find out about this and there will be reactions...................... simple questions. Not judging , just openly wondering

Husker fan here. This^^^ is essentially correct. A few points...

- 95% of Husker fans would take this kid back in a heartbeat. Very good football player. Decent guy.
- The original infraction was a violation of the law and of university policy. The legal issues were settled appropriately and the policy issues played out over more than a year and ultimately settled via a Title IX ruling.
- He spent his year of probation keeping clean, taking care of himself and staying in shape. He was given multiple assurances that his chances of reinstatement were very good.
- The probation was caused solely by his violation of the order to stay off campus. That order was temporary and set to expire. Moss got the expiration date wrong. That part is very clear.
- At the end of the probation, the new Title IX Coordinator gave zero consideration to past promises and 100% consideration to the letter of the law. Avery's world crumbled.

Very happy to see Avery landing on his feet at YSU and I wish him well.

Thanks for the update, For most of us that will be the end of it. I hope the young man does well with a second chance.

Best to the Huskers next year
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »
Not to get off the topic of Avery but the Illinois st. Redbirds are bringing in 4 B.C.S. transfers . 3 from the Big 10 and 1 from Oregon. I realize that transfers are a part of all college programs these days but it can also lead to a divided locker room as well

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
Not to get off the topic of Avery but the Illinois st. Redbirds are bringing in 4 B.C.S. transfers . 3 from the Big 10 and 1 from Oregon. I realize that transfers are a part of all college programs these days but it can also lead to a divided locker room as well

ISU (r) didn't look to divided at the NC game. I think the myth about the divided locker room is just that. Bring in xfers/better players make the rest of the bunch step up or move out. No one in FCS has more transfers than Sam Houston State. Watch out for them next year!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
Fever is a former coach and knows what he is talking about. Transfers SHOULD be accepted where the coaches think they will contribute, but players make friends on the team and someone losing their job to a transfer does rub some people  ( the players and his player friends) the wrong way and attitude problems kill some teams. Not to be taken lightly

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »
Fever is a former coach and knows what he is talking about. Transfers SHOULD be accepted where the coaches think they will contribute, but players make friends on the team and someone losing their job to a transfer does rub some people  ( the players and his player friends) the wrong way and attitude problems kill some teams. Not to be taken lightly

Not saying I disagree with Fever it's possible that the transfer in can be a bad egg/taking someone's position. More than likely it's a hot shot freshman to the disgruntled senior losing his position cause more damage in the LR than any xfer.