Author Topic: Guins vs. UIC  (Read 20252 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Guins vs. UIC
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
Have you ever seen a worse half of basketball in your life? If we cannot beat UIC ...who is left? The Flames did not even belong in the same court with us today & we lose to a team that shot only 32%. Yet we shot 52%? Obviously we fouled WAAYY too much and they doubled our rebound total.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:05:29 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. UIC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:55 PM »
I can only sit back and laugh.... Women's basketball is on the serious uprise and Men's has fallen off the face of the earth. Hopefully Slocum can win 700 games and ride off into retirement because this program is a JOKE.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »
Blowing an 18 point lead to that junk team. >:(  Nice way to start off the new year.  I rarely post about men's basketball and this will be my only commentary on that subject this year.  I have learned long ago to accept the inevitable.  But I would like someone to provide rational, objective responses to these questions.  We fired two football coaches (and rightly so) because of the empty stadium, yet we are totally unconcerned about the empty gym and have been that way for over two decades.  Why?  Should we not at least "pretend" that we care about men's basketball by bringing in a new guy every five years or so?  After what you saw today, could a young, inexperienced (and cheap) head coach possibly do any worse?

Spiderlegs

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
You all are exaggerating about how good UIC is. I was thinking that they looked like a D-II team today.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
Today's game was just plain and simple unacceptable.  UIC is terrible!!!   Slocum gets out coached constantly, he cannot recruit, his teams cant shoot free throws, defense sucks, no inside game, etc.  Get rid of him!!!!!!!  Well past due for a change.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »
Agonizing.  Tho I have seen worse in my 52 years attendance.  Cannot understand WHY the team falls apart in the last 5 minutes.  Can this truly be blamed on any Coach?  How an we possibly gain ground in the Horizon League, when we could not beat this team today?  I don't have any answers!  I'd surely like to turn the clock back to 1963....Formore reasons than one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
If I'm correct, Jerry is at 696 wins.  There are no more Oberlins and Wilberforces on the schedule, and KP is in Australia.  I think he''ll eek out 4 wins and reach 700 career wins, but I'd never bet anything more than a penny on it.  If Hain gets injured, they are toast.

Could you imagine the farce of seeing Jerry return as HC next year?

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »
If Slocum returns after this year, I won't attend another men's game until there is a new head coach.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
I went to the Kennesaw game reluctantly....but yeah......if Jerry's back.......I won't be....
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:24 PM »
The schedule that YSU puts together year in and out is the very reason they lose these games.  Not to mention that they arent very good. Listed below are the NON-CONF STRENGTH of SCHEDULES for the Horizon League:

Oakland  29
UIC     72
CSU   92
Detroit  97
Wright State  109
Green Bay  115
Milwaukee  214
Valpo  249
YSU  260

If you dont think playing better competition doesnt payoff in close games or makes a team better think again...  If I was the AD id make them play 4 or 5 money games.....

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
Up 18 on the MAYBE the worst team in the Horizon......and lose? Was I correct in saying MAYBE?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 02:48:04 AM »
Jerry is not going anywhere as long as he hovers around 500 on the season.  Face it they just don't care about the men's basketball program.  If they did Jerry would have been gone a long time ago.  What other college program do you know would continue to accept this mediocrity?  This is a very frustrating loss, and the Kennesaw St loss was just as frustrating.  Yet they make a big deal about beating Wilberforce and Oberlin.  Really!!!!!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »
What's the situation with Slocum's contract?  When does it expire?  What's the buyout?

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »
Keep in mind   Slocum gave the AD's son a  spot on the team  ( when he transferred UP from a weak & smaller program)     . Sure is one happy family in the athletic dept.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:43:05 PM by paladin »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »
Pally Slocum always puts a kid or 2 from the local area and Strollo kid doesn't cost us a scholarship cause his dad is employed by YSU and their kids get free tuition.  It's not like he plays all 14 men anyways Keep hating Pally.
A Penguin for life!!!